Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Not sure if you've registered or been approved to post?  (Read 139829 times)

tea

• Administrator
Re: Not sure if you've registered or been approved to post?
« Reply #870 on: November 13, 2018, 05:49:28 pm »
Welcome @DeanoBurger
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #871 on: November 14, 2018, 06:26:33 pm »
Welcome to @CloJo and @BerniceVir .....

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #872 on: March 27, 2019, 10:01:31 pm »
Welcome @bignige......

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #873 on: March 28, 2019, 09:09:34 am »
Hi @bignige- a big welcome from me too  :)

Are you a Nigel?
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

bignige

« Reply #874 on: March 28, 2019, 08:17:38 pm »
Hi
I am a Nigel. Stopped smoking last Saturday after 40 years of 20+ per day. Smoking Cessation Clinic at my GP's gave me 24 hour patches and an inhalator.

So, now at day 6 without smoking a single cigarette. Blew a 28 in the machine last Thursday. Blew a 1 today which is lowest that anyone can blow. Quite proud of that.

Having some vivid - but not disturbing dreams at night - smoking cessation lady says they are caused by keeping the patch on whilst asleep - But I am keeping the patch on as mornings is worst time of me - used to smoke 5.6 cigs with a coffee upon rising.

Since stopping I now eat breakfast - not done that since I was a child!

But, come tea time I feel nauseous and struggle to eat which is a little strange?

Also developed a cough and by mid afternoon I am tired out so been having an afternoon siesta!

Aside from the above - and the constant thought of smoking I generally feel better than when I smoked.

This is my 2nd time trying - managed 8 weeks last time - about 20 years back - but went cold turkey then - definitely think that the patches are helping me.

For me, alcohol and cigs go hand in hand so I have resolved to touch no alcohol for a few weeks at least.

I have stopped primarily for financial reasons - spending £10 per day on cigs is just too expensive. Simple. Cannot afford to carry on - although if I had to I of course would!

I think one of the great helps is keeping in your mind that as with everything in your life you have a CHOICE - you don't HAVE to smoke. You don't have to start again - and of course remembering that just ONE cig will lead to more - that was my downfall last time I stopped.

I kept away from alcohol - so stopped going to the pub after work with colleagues. One night I felt obliged to go as a guy who had worked there for many years was leaving - be rude not to go - everyone went - bought a pint - "needed" a cig. A colleague refused to give me one knowing I had stopped - I replied "If you don't give me just the one I am going to buy a packet from that machine on the wall". Colleague thought she was doing me a favour - gave me a cig...

What happened next? Bought 20 from the machine - back smoking - for another 20 years!

Not this time! I am in this for the duration, no matter how bad it gets I am not touching a cig again!

Sorry for the rant - but I feel better for it!

N

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #875 on: March 29, 2019, 06:00:14 am »
You don't have to be sorry about rants in here. We highly recommend a good rant and get it off your mind. Very pleased to meet you, do feel free to peek in all the cupboards and have a good look round. Nobody bites, so join in with whatever you like.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #876 on: March 29, 2019, 07:29:31 am »
Welcome to @Thisisit .....

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #877 on: March 30, 2019, 09:54:17 pm »
Welcome to @Hannahgrace and @Sarz1976 ....

bignige

« Reply #878 on: March 31, 2019, 08:04:51 pm »
Oops

Just noticed that my message below is in repsonse to a posting by someone called "Lovehorses" - but she posted back in 2016!! Not sure what happened there!

Lovehorses. I stopped Saturday before last and although I don't have any horses I too have a child who has special needs - cerebral palsy, autism, epilepsy, talipes, JIA, OI and severe learning difficulties.

I am stopping for similar reasons to you - can't afford nigh on £10 a packet and my son wants me to stop - both very very good reasons to stop!

My Mum is 80 and she stopped smoking 40 a day - 20 years back - solely because my niece who was a small child back then said one day "Grandma will you stop smoking I don't like the smell" or words to that effect.

I am 9 days in now and feeling tired, agitated, bored, angry - but I am going to carry on - as people on here say in the great scheme of things cravings are short lived and will at some point go away.

Keep going!!

N
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 08:08:18 pm by bignige »

Not Another Puff

« Reply #879 on: April 01, 2019, 08:46:05 am »
Hi Nigel,

Welcome to the no smoking club.

This is the best decision you will make.

Congratultaions on being a winner.

35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

bignige

« Reply #880 on: April 01, 2019, 07:40:30 pm »
Thanks Not Another Puff.

Finally realising what a good decision I have made - and hoping I won't be derailed!

Aside from cravings I feel physically fitter after 10 days and TBH quite proud of myself that I have got this far.

Speaking with a nurse today who stopped a few years back. She was a 40 a day smoker and did one week on the lowest strength patches and stopped for good. She said she was determined cos she wanted a new car!

N

The following users thanked this post: KitKat

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #881 on: April 01, 2019, 09:16:11 pm »
Oooh do what do you want @bignige?

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #882 on: May 14, 2019, 10:45:56 pm »
Hello @_steve_

Just letting you know that you're all approved.