Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Not sure if you've registered or been approved to post?  (Read 128058 times)

TG

Re: Not sure if you've registered or been approved to post?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 02:03:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum @Lovehorses nice to have you here. The early days are tough and most us clung on by the skin of our teeth but it was totally worth it!

The cost of smoking is ridiculous, I still look at my ticker in my signature and am amazed by the stats.
You have certainly come to the right place for support, I would never of quit if it wasn't for these guys.

Have a good look around. Take in the information, but please do join in with the fun stuff too, it can be a good distraction.
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

The following users thanked this post: Malvin P Lawnmowerpants

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 02:04:30 pm »
Welcome to the forum @Lovehorses

Support, advice, a shoulder to cry on, is some of what we can offer and hopefully a laugh or two.

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Lovehorses

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 02:23:29 pm »
Thank you. Yes I am struggling quite a bit, not constantly but every now and then I feel lost! Honestly like I've no purpose in life. Stupid but smoking has defined who I am for so long. My husband is really supportive but my friends are making bets and think it's funny. Haven't really got anyone to talk to. I love your ticker, that's really clever TG. I am adding up what I am saving as I need a new saddle. I have a list of stuff I would like for my horses so that's what I'm aiming for.
So how did you all give up? Has anyone else used an e cig? It's took me a couple of days to get used to it but it does help and I don't use it that much tbh. I use it for very brief amounts of time and I don't use it outside
I have tried before with patches etc but I couldn't cope with the nightmares and my skin reacted so badly I needed steroids. I feel the e cig controls the cravings more then the patches. Have you any recommendations? Thank you

Titch

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 02:24:31 pm »
Hi @Lovehorses if you want to quit you have really come to the right place.  It is a hard thing to do but with the help of this forum it is definitely not impossible or none of us would be here.  Keep reminding yourself of your reasons as to why you want to quit and if you feel yourself waivering or having a major crave then come on here and post and then wait for at least 3 replies by which time the cravings will have passed and you will be so proud of yourself.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

TG

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 02:33:13 pm »
There are two members that I can think of that are using an ecig and they are @Nozmo & @markmcclean1980 they maybe able to advise you a bit.

If you want to stick your own ticker up, so you can see those figures going up if you go to our know how area there are tickers there and instruction on what to do.

Ignore the friends that are betting on you losing, hold your head up high, you are doing something that they can't be proud! We are here for whenever you need us xx

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

The following users thanked this post: Malvin P Lawnmowerpants, Nozmo

Malvin P Lawnmowerpants

• Breadbin
  • Hatstand
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 03:06:44 pm »
Welcome aboard @Lovehorses  :)

Like the others have said: you've joined a great place with loads of lovely people who will help you, even if it's just to talk nonsense with whilst taking your mind off the fags  :)
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't climb a ladder with a bell in both hands...

Quit date: 01/10/2014
Smoked for 22 years sadly...

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 04:56:50 pm »
You're doing fantastically well @Lovehorses and as @TG wisely says, don't you worry about the friends who are taking bets on how long you will last. I'll bet some of them are smokers and that your quit constitutes a threat to them. I'll bet your OH and children are as proud as anything of you (and you should be really, really proud of yourself  :hug: :hug: :hug:).

As for the cleaning frenzy- I remember it well... ;D... at this stage, do anything you need to (clean, jump up & down. run around the block, hit something, shout, scream, dig the garden or blow bubbles- it matters not) and know that we will be here whenever needed to provide moral support, a shoulder, advice or a good laugh.  :)

And you CAN do it. I smoked for over 30 years and no one believed I would ever quit but I did (and I promise you that however impossible it seems now, things will soon become easier until before you know where you are, smoking is a distant memory  :)). So glad you've found us and I shall look forward to sharing your journey.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 05:33:58 pm »
If you're having a struggle then there will always be someone around to boost you back up @Lovehorses. @hellerscatch and @Sjt13 might be able to give you a bit more advice on the e-cig as well.

How much is your new saddle going to cost?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Sally

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 09:05:15 am »
Welcome @Lovehorses and well done on your quit so far.  Look forward to hearing more about your horses and how your quit is going.  I love horses too, I look after 2 Shetlands and ride a friend's horse twice a week which helps to fill the horse shaped space in my life since I lost my old boy a couple of years ago. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Lovehorses

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 09:43:33 am »
@tea  new saddle for one about £750. Saddle I desire for the other 4k!!!
Will concentrate on the cheaper one first lol
Both horses have health problems so cost quite a bit already.
@Sally I think I will have to get someone to ride one of mine. It's really hard to get reliable honest people though. I hope the person you ride for appreciates you.

Nozmo

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2016, 07:06:34 pm »
Hi @Lovehorses, sorry for late post, missed this somehow! Yes I'm using an ecig, been off the real things for 68 days now. It sounds like it's working for you and if you can get away with using it as little as possible that's even better. If you have any questions about them I am happy to try to help. One bit of advice that springs to mind is buy a disposable ecig for emergencies at the start of your quit. It can help you out in situations like not being able to find your main one when a craving hits...or the dreaded flat battery!!!

Thanks for waking me up @TG !

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, TG, Sally

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2016, 07:33:08 pm »
Welcome to @Dawnm1. Please make yourself at home, we're all looking forward to meeting you.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

TG

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 09:58:33 pm »
Welcome to the forum @Dawnm1

Palm Springs commercial photography

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2016, 10:32:08 am »
Morning @Dawnm1  ;D

A Big Fat Welcome to the forum from me too. Please do introduce yourself as soon as you're approved to post. Looking forward to hearing all about you (dead nosey me  ;))
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 10:10:08 am »
Welcome to the forum @Lovehorses .  I'm late because I've been away for the past week. You will get the support you need here, I'm sure of that :)  I quit with Champix and smoked around 40+ a day for about 40 years!!!  It can be done