Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: This is new  (Read 3453 times)

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
This is new
« on: December 05, 2015, 10:50:33 pm »
Me - Free and Healing for Three Months, Fourteen Days, 7 Hours and 34 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 5 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1580 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £528.87.

Stats looking good but the nicotine gremlins have tried a new tactic tonight. Boredom!

For the first time in, God knows how long, I have the house to myself. My teens are out, working not dancing this Saturday Night, so I am home alone with the pets. Both cats might occasionally lift an eye lid and even the dog looks up to say, "What it's blowing a gale. No, I don't want walking...again!"

I know that after this time the act of smoking, apart from stupid, would be vile and I have absolutely no intentions (especially given the gale blowing Desmond or whatever your name is) of going out to buy supplies. However, the nicotine gremlins have really been a pain in the proverbial tonight.

I've read, the house is quiet so I could, I've surfed the net, and I've done a few house cleaning distractions but those little ******* keep provoking, "Go on, you know you want one."

Okay, yes I do. But will I ...NO, NO, NO. I can breath again.I feel in control again. and I am richer (although the bank manager still not might agree).

Consequently, I am sharing this in the hope that anyone else who finds themselves in this position will look inside themselves and find their vindictive streak and direct it at the nicotine gremlin and metaphorically (ooh big word  ;D) stick two fingers up to them.) REMEMBER. Just keep quitting; just keep quitting and NOPE.  :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:58:26 pm by Indigo Warrior »
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

TG

Re: This is new
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:08:24 pm »
I think sometimes with get too comfortable too soon.
It will pass @Indigo Warrior I know you can do this because you see what utter crap smoking really is
I have had a bit to drink BUT I will hang around if you want a chat.
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

The following users thanked this post: Indigo Warrior

Indigo Warrior

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 11:18:21 pm »
Awww @TG you are a sweetie.  :hug: :hug:

I have noticed a disturbance in the force but I will not succomb. Daft Aida  :vader:  will be defeated.

TG

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 11:29:28 pm »
You have got this, I truly believe you have. Unfortunately you will get a few surprise attacks but you know that tomorrow will be different. I bet you are getting the no one will know crap. You will know just keep telling yourself that.

I was a mess in your position. You my sweet have carried yourself with such dignity I really do look at you with awe. Just take this as a other trigger. Once you get through this it will be easier the next time.

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

The following users thanked this post: Indigo Warrior

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 12:04:04 am »
You stay inside where it's warm and safe. The voices do get to you when you're bored so I used to do sit ups, squats, jumping jacks or crunches until they shut up. Stupid voices.  :vader:
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: TG

Finally!

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 09:46:20 am »
Hope all is well this morning @Indigo Warrior ?

Those "voices" are here to stay - it just gets easier to ignore them as time goes by.
When that happens, I used to remind myself of why I quit in the first place and also reminded myself of how difficult the first couple of months were.

Really didn't want to go through that again!
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Skiddaw

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 10:59:31 am »
How are things today @Indigo Warrior ?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Indigo Warrior

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 11:03:09 am »
Fine today but just needed to share so anyone else finding themselves in that position would understand that it is normal and can still catch you out.

;D ;D ;D

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 11:16:12 am »
Well done our @Indigo Warrior - knew you'd be OK.  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: ;D ;D ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

TG

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 11:37:31 am »
Good to see it's all settled down again of you @Indigo Warrior  :hug: :hug: