Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: KK' 5:2 diet plan and target  (Read 121892 times)

Enough42

Re: KK' 5:2 diet plan and target
« Reply #570 on: February 04, 2018, 06:47:01 pm »
How to spoil KK evening lol

KK ;)

Ditto. One shall not be parteth from thine wine!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #571 on: February 04, 2018, 07:50:24 pm »
How to spoil KK evening lol
KK ;)

Now, now!  No need to sulk!  Just pointing out that if you want to lose weight then you'll need to consider the calories you're drinking, not just those you're eating.  And hey, swapping out the red for a white or a G&T isn't exactly depriving yourself!  Hell, even if you only did it on your 2 days a week, it'd help!

After all, if you can quit smoking, surely you can manage to make a small adjustment to your drinking?  No-one said quit!
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Glasgowgal

« Reply #572 on: February 04, 2018, 08:34:31 pm »
Thanks for that kat i shall get on the g n t's. It was a helpful reminder. I tend to switch my drink every few weeks which is a bit strange but as u say simple swiches can make a difference.

I was drinking vodka on friday night and i bought that coke zero. I said to my hubby diet coke, coke zero...whats the difference i dont get it. And he told me that the coke zero is zero calories, feck knows how he knew that! But he was right. I prefer diet drinks as mixers as find full fat yukky too sweet.

But smarter drink choices. I can implement that as i like most drinks ha! I shall read the link.
Quit Date 6/11/17

Teflon

« Reply #573 on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:22 pm »
I am stuck at a 190 lb wall, have been for months.

Seems that in my quest to maintain a full score on my man card and 5 star drinking boots even vodka in embarrassing quantities can be a pest. So yeah booze is a minger when dieting.

Hopefully summer will see dog walks lengthen and the trend fall back again.

Re the courgetti and cauli rice. I am low carb high fat and have tried them, tbh not worth the bother, it is easy enough once you are a few days in to swerve carbs I find if I try to substitute I just want the real thing. So I just cook lots of fatty things and put cheese on them, wash down with a vodka and diet coke. Was working, may have to switch to just coke, I have it so diluted you wouldnt know the booze was there anyway.....

Enough42

« Reply #574 on: February 07, 2018, 01:11:56 pm »
The booze it’s always the bloody booze but then I’m like....but what else have I got to look forward to? A reward of having a slim beach bod in the summer is frankly far too far away to incentivise me enough to kick the booze. I have however (just) cut down to drinking only 3 nights a week and I think I’m gonna be crazy and cut it down further to 2 nights only!!!! Until we get to the Cotswolds for half term next week that is, when I have the kids and the hubby driving me crazy and I end up popping the cork daily at 4pm!!!!

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #575 on: February 07, 2018, 01:30:27 pm »
Bless you @Enough42, all bets are off when it comes to holidays!  And hey, maybe you could work out the calories of all the things you enjoy drinking and just opt for the best out of the bunch for when you're back to normal life and pursuing that beach bod.

Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

The following users thanked this post: Enough42

Teflon

« Reply #576 on: February 07, 2018, 03:06:54 pm »
The booze it’s always the bloody booze but then I’m like....but what else have I got to look forward to? A reward of having a slim beach bod in the summer is frankly far too far away to incentivise me enough to kick the booze. I have however (just) cut down to drinking only 3 nights a week and I think I’m gonna be crazy and cut it down further to 2 nights only!!!! Until we get to the Cotswolds for half term next week that is, when I have the kids and the hubby driving me crazy and I end up popping the cork daily at 4pm!!!!
feel free to ignore me given I celebrate a single day without booze at the moment! but I find the promise of having a drink helps me not drink. If that makes any sense at all!?
If I tell myself on Friday I will have a good settle into a bottle of something it makes it taste better that day and also helps pass those days when I am not letting myself drink.

Pick your battles though, when I quit smoking and was safe to drink I drank everything, ate everything, hunted more stuff to eat and drink, ate and drank that, then had toast and tequila before bed.
I think we have a finite amount of willpower so manage what you can where you can.

The following users thanked this post: Enough42

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: February 07, 2018, 04:01:01 pm »
I fear my racing snake figure is now a thing of the past :nobeer: and I will have to resort to getting undressed in the dark and wearing a kaftan.

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #578 on: February 07, 2018, 05:45:01 pm »
Never mind @KitKat , look at Demis Roussos. Apparently he had no difficulty in pulling and he wore nothing but a kaftan.  ;)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Glasgowgal

« Reply #579 on: April 19, 2018, 09:13:04 am »
I tried asda broccoli rice last night with ASDA Slimzone Indian Chicken Sizzler and it was an absolute winner.  And only around 300 calories total!!!!  Very filling and did not feel like i was missing something. Going to try the cauliflower rice Friday.  I think it would be best served with something spicy or lots of flavour. But great for the 5 2 diet or if you are watching calories  ;)
Quit Date 6/11/17

Max414

« Reply #580 on: April 19, 2018, 07:40:47 pm »
I'm back on the 5.2. Overeating and sloth like uncaring saw me balloon to 15st 7 which is a disgusting weight for me. So in the last 16 days I've lost 6 pounds and am trying to slip under 15st, trouble is I love me grub !!! :hug:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #581 on: April 20, 2018, 09:27:37 am »
I'm back on the 5.2. Overeating and sloth like uncaring saw me balloon to 15st 7 which is a disgusting weight for me. So in the last 16 days I've lost 6 pounds and am trying to slip under 15st, trouble is I love me grub !!! :hug:

I know what you mean @Max414 I'm 13 st 1lb and so need to get back to 12 st but with the summer coming, plenty of salad stuff and doggy walking,I'm hoping to knock off at least 1/2 st without to much trouble  :-\

KK ;)

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #582 on: September 18, 2018, 08:04:04 pm »
Oh bottoms, I'm now 13st 4lbs  009

KK ;)

Enough42

« Reply #583 on: September 19, 2018, 06:54:54 am »
More doggy walking @KitKat! Have you been doing the 5:2?

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #584 on: September 19, 2018, 07:09:04 am »
More doggy walking @KitKat! Have you been doing the 5:2?

I was for a couple of years and lost 1 1/2 st 

I still am to a point but not as religiously as I was. I do need to get back on track asap :-[

KK ;)