Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 2 :)  (Read 11102 times)

Catlover74

Day 2 :)
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:42:14 am »
Well I'm on to day 2, struggling a bit today, been tempted a couple of times this morning to go to the shop, struggled to sleep last night so really tired .
Last cigarette and nicotine 7.45 pm  3rd December 2015

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Day 2 :)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 11:50:03 am »
Any chance you can grab a nap during the day :)  Yes the first few days are hard, just break it down into hours if you have to instead of looking at the big picture.

Catlover74

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 12:00:47 pm »
I'm having my bathroom done so no chance of a nap, I seem to be clock watching quite a bit today , I will not give in though :)

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, TG

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:21:41 pm »
Course you won't @Catlover74  :hug:. Think of your dear furry babies- they're all willing you to succeed and will give you plenty of head rubs to congratulate you on your splendid progress so far.

How are they coping with the bathroom disruption by the way? We had our bathroom 'done' a few years ago and I think our boy rather enjoyed supervising proceedings. It was a pain having no bathroom though, especially as we had no bog either for several days. OH was working from home at the time and was having to drive out to local motorway service station every morning to use their facilities (I thankfully could use toilet at work). The rest of the time we had to make do with a bucket... :-\
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

TG

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 12:34:30 pm »
It not good is it, you are doing so well, so so well.

Houston commercial photography

I don't know if you are a big coffee or tea drinker but nicotine is a simulate and a depressant so when you stop smoking the simulate in it will be stronger. Try not drinking tea/coffee after six it may work. Also try drinking cold water it help with the craves.
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Catlover74

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 01:43:19 pm »
Luckily my toilet and sink aren't out of action, I'm having a wet room done, the bath and shower are out and all the old tiles off the wall, apart from Joey the other cats are outside they don't like the disruption.
I only have 3 coffees a day one after each meal and a cup of tea when I wake up, the rest of the time I drink lemon and ginger tea.
Had another moment where I thought one wouldn't hurt but I rode through it x

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, TG

TG

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 01:53:04 pm »
It doesn't sound like that should be affecting your sleep then. I had issues with insomnia for awhile, some get it the other way and can't stop sleeping, it will all settle down eventually though.

You are doing so well, definitely when no doubt you are dealing with the stress trigger as well.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: Time for the dancing bananas!!

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:46 pm »
Well done for riding it out @Catlover74  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I shall hope you sleep better tonight, but @TG is quite right- disrupted sleep is a very common quit side effect but you will come out of the other side of it.  :)

steelfixer

• Penthouse Cellar Monster
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 02:34:55 pm »
Yep the sleepness nights are quite common but they do pass, sounds like your bathrooms going to be boss :)
Last quit 15/06/15.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 02:47:21 pm »
sounds like your bathrooms going to be boss :)

Naaaa. The cats are de boss.  :)

Catlover74

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 03:33:16 pm »

Lewie is the boss lol and the others know it, well I've cleaned all the upvc on my bay window and French doors to keep busy, when I finished I thought now for a cuppa and a cig like I usually would but had a cornetto instead. I've lost count of how many times I've thought I could go to the shop and buy 10 , on a positive note I'm over halfway through day 2 :) x

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Skiddaw

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 06:23:14 pm »
Keep going @Catlover74  :) :) :) (lovely pic by the way).

If it is any comfort to you, I can say without fear of contradiction that our house was cleaner than it has ever been, before or since, during the first few weeks of my quit....you come out the other side..... ;D

And Cornettos sound like an excellent plan!  ;)

TG

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 07:03:46 pm »
Cornettos sound much better than stinky horrible fags.

Nearly finished day 2!!! How good is that!!!

Houston commercial photography

Catlover74

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 04:49:14 pm »
Well today my day 3 I've messed up :( everything going wrong with the bathroom, it's not going to completed till next week , I went and bought some, back to day 1 again tomorrow, I know I can and will do this, when I start my day 1 again if I get the urge I will post here, thankyou for all your support x

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 04:53:13 pm »
Oh, some people do say Day 3 is the hardest. So this time we will be on our guard and get you through. xxx Don't be disheartened, just make yourself more determined. xxx
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)