Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: My take on Champix  (Read 2529 times)

Max414

My take on Champix
« on: March 25, 2015, 09:35:58 am »
There I was,autumn of 2012.Still smoking up to 20 rollups a day and as a Police Officer I was finding that I was one of only 2 smokers left at the nick. Whereas I used to walk down the side of the station and spark up with 4 or 5 others I now stood alone,in my own private cloud of stinking smoke. ::)

Time for action.

I discovered that 3 of the people who used to smoke had quit.Sean-quit!!!!???? No way.Michelle,quit??? I don't believe that!!!!!! Was true though. How was it that these rock solid smokers had managed to stop? I asked them." Champix"  :D said Michelle. I was impressed that she stood next to me as I puffed away,and yet she showed no desire to inhale my smoke. How do I get that? I asked.And that is where my quit journey began.Yet it only took off a few weeks later when I saw the Dr about something,and he said 'still smoking?' 'Yes,' I muttered.'Want to see the non smoking nurse?' 'Ok' and a soon as we started chatting she started talking about Champix. I was game on. :P
From what I remember,you start the pills but keep smoking.What happens is that the drug affects the ability of your brain to register the 'hit' of inhaling.To such a degree that slowly,imperceptibly, you start to realise that smoking is having no effect.It is like sucking on a piece of wood.There is no sense of a hit. And as you go on after a few weeks you chose a date to stop completely.For me that date arrived,I stopped,and I upped the dose to keep me on the horse.It WORKED  ;) I think you are supposed to take a 2 month course but by 6 weeks I was off cigs and was forgetting to take my little blue pills,so I chucked em away.
I never looked back. 2 years and 3 months ago that was.
They can have dramatic side effects,these pills. But you know what-they might just SAVE YOUR LIFE  :)

30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

TG

Re: My take on Champix
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:55:28 pm »
Brilliant Max, lovely story x
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

tea

• Administrator
Re: My take on Champix
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 05:07:11 pm »
Thank you Max. Did you have Champix dreams though?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)