Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Waited a while  (Read 1513 times)

markmcclean1980

Waited a while
« on: July 29, 2020, 06:03:01 pm »
Hi all

So I did fall off the wagon but, after taking some time and dealing with the madness from Covid, I am back at it again and haven’t had a cig since just before bed time on 30 June.  I’m nearly a month in and, using my vape alongside some Nic salts it has been easier than I remember.  That doesn’t mean it has been easy.  There are times when I could have very easily lit a cigarette, and I know there will be more to come.  However, the difference this time is that I am trying to think of myself as a vaper rather than a smoker trying to quit.  It’s still a day at a time but very slowly I can see myself starting to move away from thinking of myself as a smoker.  I know I still have a journey ahead of me but I’m not putting any pressure on myself.  If I really want a smoke I can have one but I hope, as my thinking changes, I won’t ever want to go back to it and at some point I will stop thinking about it altogether.

Anyway, all that said I just wanted to jot down some thoughts and say hello, I’m back.

The following users thanked this post: tea, Indigo Warrior

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
Re: Waited a while
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 11:34:45 am »
Well done for acknowledging the blip and starting again. You will beat it. That nicotine gremlin can be a tough one to beat.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015