Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Week 3... for the last time  (Read 1703 times)

markmcclean1980

Week 3... for the last time
« on: October 15, 2019, 11:14:45 am »
So, I’m back in week 3.  I can comfort myself by knowing I am going in the right direction. 

I don’t ever want to be back here again.  Yes, there have been a few moments when I could have very easily lifted one of my other half’s cigarettes and smoked one but I haven’t.  Instead I have my vape glued to my hand.  The plus point is that I am not able to use it in work so I am going for periods of time not using it.  And when I get into bed I can lie for ages without even lifting it.  I know it will get easier but I am staying on my guard so I don’t have any unexpected surprises.

tea

• Administrator
Re: Week 3... for the last time
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 03:26:49 pm »
Be careful with that glue.

I’ve seen many a catastrophe caused by glue. A few made it onto my notable hospital admissions list and one was someone who glued themselves to a desk in my other half’s office (on purpose) because they weren’t getting their own way....

Try blue tac - much lower risk.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 04:01:06 pm »
I think you're amazing @markmcclean1980 . I honestly don't think I could have done it if Mr S had still been smoking when I quit. Good on you!!!  008 007 ;D :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

And no glue-related hospital admissions please..... :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Nicky40

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 04:05:31 pm »
Well done for getting to week three @markmcclean1980 It's hard work I know, I have done that week numerous times too.  I also know how easy it is to pick up a cigarette - I know I have once or twice during my quit when really drunk - I don't remember smoking but I smelt it in the morning, trying to avoid that level of drunkenness now lol, I don't want to ever be a slave to smoking again.

Extra well done for quitting when you have a smoking partner, that must be doubly difficult.  My husband doesn't smoke, neither does my daughter, but my son, Mum, Gran, brother in law and nephew do so I am around smokers.  Now the pub garden season is over it should be easier too.  :)
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Third quit lucky 21/11/2018!