Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Step aside, I’m back again...  (Read 3765 times)

markmcclean1980

Step aside, I’m back again...
« on: October 02, 2019, 08:43:27 pm »
So, I fell off the wagon after 15 months, thanks to a disaster on Holiday earlier in the year.  So after taking a bit of time to regroup, I am back at it again.  I haven’t had a cigarette since 7.30am yesterday.  I am taking it one day at a time, using my vape when I need to.  I could have very easily went into this very cocky, but I know what it takes to get through it and I know that long term goals don’t work for me, so each day as it comes and I’ll get there again.  The one plus side is it has made me come back to this forum and the lovely people on it.

tea

• Administrator
Re: Step aside, I’m back again...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 06:09:19 am »
Hello lovely! It’s always a pleasure to see you.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: markmcclean1980

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 01:31:57 pm »
In the words of Peters & Lee....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4v2cP-MDo

:) :) :)

Really good to see you @markmcclean1980 . You'll make it I'm sure.  :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 09:49:23 pm »
Yay, well done to push that nicotine gremlin away. At least you are now aware of one of your triggers and will know how to avoid in the future.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 04:45:50 am »
Would you believe I was just thinking of you last week.  Wondered how you were getting on, especially with your vaping?  There has been a lot mentioned about it in the USA. Have you had any trouble with it?

Anyway, welcome back.  15 months this time, is that the longest you've been? You are going to make it Mark.

markmcclean1980

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 09:35:51 am »
@Lostie 15 months is my longest.  I was thinking about everyone here as well and did keep jumping on from time to time but it seemed like the forum went quiet for a long time.  But this is the reason why I keep coming back, the people.  Regarding the vape stories from USA, most of them I believe are people who mix their own liquid, and also they don’t have the regulations which we do.  The plan is to eventually lower back to 0 nicotine then stop altogether. 

@Indigo Warrior it wasn’t so much a trigger.  When we went on holiday they were doing some work to the apartment complex and they put us in an apartment which had no kitchen, only one working plug socket, no clothes hangers, no basics (it was a self catering holiday) so we complained and they moved us to another location.  The holiday company contacted us the next day to say we couldn’t stay there as it wasn’t one of their locations so they moved us again.  Then the resort they moved us to told us we had to move to a different apt the next day.  During the moves between the rooms I lost my vape liquid and the ones I could buy there weren’t great in my vape mod.  So I ended up back on the cigs.  I’ll do it this time tho.

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 06:22:12 pm »
We are quiet until someone drops in for tea.

It sounds like you had a disorganised holiday. Was it Thomas Cook?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Nicky40

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 09:15:49 am »
Hi @markmcclean1980 welcome back and don't worry about little slip ups.  Many people have them as quitting smoking is not easy but you'll get there.  Sorry to hear about your disastrous holiday though, hope it was ok in the end?