Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Heading for land unknown...  (Read 3331 times)

burudira

Heading for land unknown...
« on: September 19, 2019, 01:39:28 pm »
I'm just preparing to go to town for supplies, had breakfast so I'm not tempted by those lovely toffee doughnuts in the bakery shop, cig money has been reallocated to council tax bill - I can pick up some mints in the post office as well.  I'm on day 7 & taking every precaution to stay smokefree.  This is like a pep talk to myself lol

Nicky40

Re: Heading for land unknown...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 01:54:32 pm »
I have a thing for Greggs caramel custard doughnuts but the calorie content in those is shocking!  I try to avoid Greggs now  :D

Pep talks are good, just keep reminding yourself that you can do it.  :ninja:

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 06:07:30 pm »
I need printer paper. I was planning to go to Staoles. It’s closed down!! No shops left open. Online only. Well, then if I’m gonna do online I may as well Amazon because I have Prime so no delivery fee. But I used to love going to an office shop; that was me happy for a few hours. So seeing as Rymans is closing all over the place and WH Smith’s is too I asked the ladies at work and they said Merry Hill in Dudley is nothing but stationery shops, you should go there and Hobbycraft is in the same place and they do paper. I don’t know what to do for the best. It’s a long way to go on a whim.

But online shopping isn’t as fun.

What do you think? Should I try it?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

burudira

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 07:17:04 pm »
Most big food stores do printer paper. I'm not a fan of online shopping, any excuse to get out of the house for me or I go stir crazy  009
I got back safe & sound despite increasing temptation going past my usual suppliers.  I got funny looks off the bus driver as my left hand has a few black crosses to mark the pressure points & I was vigorously rubbing them on the way home looking slightly spaced. 
So far so good  :)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 08:08:54 pm »
You could do what I did @crux.... I told the lady in the corner shop I had quit so she didn’t have to order my brand anymore!!!

(I couldn’t go in and ask for them after that!!)
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)