Kitkat has been kicking the butts for 1 whole year!! Party in the Penthouse!! Be good and play nicely xx

Author Topic: Week two  (Read 4861 times)

Kat73

• Administrator
Week two
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 09:33:48 pm »
Well done you!!! :D  It's hard not to respond in the way that we've been used to, for years and years a smoke has been our first thought when certain triggers occur and it DOES take time to train ourselves to not immediately think of having one.  Hang in there mate, each trigger you face down for the first time is another "first" you'll never have to do again  8)
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

TG

Re: Week two
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 09:44:16 pm »
Hmmm sounds lovely Nick, well done for resisting the temptation for cigarettes. They would have tasted so much better as well. You are doing brilliantly!!!  :foundbeer:  :foundbeer:  :foundbeer:

Nick_82

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 09:45:42 pm »
Thanks TG

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 07:56:25 am »
...And it sounds flipping marvellous too! I could just eat a big plate of sausage rolls & baked beans... ;D

Well done Nick- your a star!  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Nick_82

Nick_82

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 08:01:00 pm »
Hi all, hope everyone's good! It's my last day of week two tomorrow. Cravings are loads better,which is good. On the downside I'm feeling rather low. I don't really know why, I'm really pleased I've made it this far but I just feel a bit spaced out and kind of numb. I think it's a bit of an emotional roller coaster when you quit and maybe it's just catching up with. Sure it'll pass though and I don't think smoking would help which is the main thing I guess!

TG

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 08:25:26 pm »
It quite common to feel like that Nick, glad to hear you don't see a cigarette as the answer. You are doing tremendously well and as long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter how shaky you may feel, then you are winning this.

A BIG FAT CONGRATULATIONS FROM ME FOR NEARLY COMPLETING TWO WEEKS!!!

Netty

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 08:47:08 pm »
Hi Nick, yes you are right it is like being on a roll or coaster in the beginning, but as time goes by your good feeling days increase, yes you will get the odd day when you feel low, or I found it was more of a loss as though there was something missing in my life, which obviously there was. Just stick around and all of the lovely people on here will get you through the bad days  :foundbeer:
Nearly forgot, a massive well done on getting to two weeks  ;D  8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:48:58 pm by Netty »
Quit 1.8.2012
Smoked for 36 years

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 07:50:57 am »
Huge congratulations from me too Nick- that's deffo worth a few of these  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

I went through just the same re feeling low. I likened it to a bereavement, or perhaps more like ending one of those relationships that should have ended yonks ago but keeps rumbling on despite doing you no good. However positive the decision to finally kick it into touch you still need to go through a mourning period.  :hug: :hug:

You really are doing mightily though. What a fantastic achievement!  ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Sally

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 08:00:46 am »
Very well done Nick.  Yes an emotional roller coaster sums it up nicely.  I went from being super proud of myself for having not smoked to floods of tears.  But as the days and weeks pass, you re-train your mind you don't need a cigarette when , for example, you have you morning coffee or a stressful situation and not smoking just becomes normal.  Hope  week 3 is a good one.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 08:54:54 am »

Nick 2 weeks - Plant 0

Nick wins this bout and he's on track to win the title!!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Nick_82

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 07:24:05 am »
Thanks guys. I think you are right, it does feel like a  bereavement and particularly ending bad relationship- that's a great description of what it's like. In your heart you know it's the right thing to do but it's still lonely and hard. Love the picture Tea! That is one mean looking plant but it's no match for us.

I hope you all have a good day and thanks again for all your support.