Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Crisis  (Read 5478 times)

Not Another Puff

Re: Crisis
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 10:36:35 am »
max414, Skiddaw and Tea thank you for your kind words. I am feeling a bit lonely as no one I know is remotely interested in hearing me bang on again about my quit, not even my girlfiriend as she does not know me as a smoker.

I am afraid you lot get my quit, both barrels as I want to talk about it alot, as it is such a big part of my life at the moment.

Tea I am a man, I only think with my man parts.

35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

The following users thanked this post: tea, Skiddaw

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 01:20:16 pm »
You just carry on firing those barrels @Not Another Puff . That's what we're here for.  :hug: :hug:

And I remember it well- that point where the novelty of quitting has worn off and your quit is yesterday's news to everyone you know. That's when you just have to grit your teeth and keep going. I'm certain (100%) that you have the tenacity to do it.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 04:47:46 pm »
That's why this Forum is gold; everyone has either been there or wants to get there. We never tire of hearing about quitting, because that's what we're here for.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Enough42

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 06:47:58 am »
Hahaha you make me laugh @Not Another Puff.  We all needed lots of affirmation, don’t worry it’s not just you! I would be on the site every day, several times a day looking for someone to tell me how well I was doing, how my health was improving, how much money I was saving etc etc. And when I felt a bit too shy to post anymore I would read back through my old posts to remind myself how tough it was in the beginning and how far I had come. I also plateaued at around your point in my quit and this is where you need to be on your guard because the Nic demon will be lurking and waiting for a moment of weakness to strike you down. You have come so so far, you smell gorgeous, you’ve got a beautiful kiss non-smoking girlfriend, more money in your wallet, you’re breathing better than you have ever breathed in a lot of years, keep going......you’ve got this!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Not Another Puff

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 11:26:29 am »
Enough42, wise words, I completely agree and thank you for some rather brilliant affirming.

I am sure I have more random thoughts now than I did as a smoker. I literally have a moment of realisation thinking WTF am I thinking about this for? This is a bad example as this is quite relevant to me but last night I found myself thinking how hard would it be to start smoking again? I think I would acually have to put some effort in but I think I could get back on it really easily.

I am excited about Christmas and New Year as this will be my first without the guilt of 'I really should give up smoking for New Year'. I am also a little bit apprehensive as it is a boozy, party time, i will be on my guard.

Right this is my War And Peace length post over and done with.

35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 11:49:28 am »
It is cold and windy outside. Why would you go outside to get cancer sticks when you can stay inside?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Not Another Puff

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2018, 12:06:37 pm »
It is cold and windy outside. Why would you go outside to get cancer sticks when you can stay inside?

In the immortal words of the late, great George Michael,

'It's cold out there
But it's warm in bed.
They can dance,
We'll stay home instead.'

Which always struck me as a bit lame, why not go out together and then go home to bed?

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 04:44:53 pm »
Bless him...  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Not Another Puff

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 01:51:32 pm »
I went into the supermarket this morning to buy bananas and easy peelers, the junkie voice snuck in from nowhere, ‘buy a packet of Marlboro Lights as well’. That was unexpected.

I hate the junkie voice and have not heard her for a while

Nicky40

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 10:13:34 am »
Ah I know about the junkie voice - 'why don't you just buy cigarettes while your here', 'you might as well', 'you know you won't stay quit' etc.  Very irritating. 

Well done for ignoring it.  :ninja:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Not Another Puff

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2018, 11:32:36 am »
Thanks Nicky.

How is your quit going?