Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Crisis  (Read 5475 times)

Not Another Puff

Crisis
« on: November 14, 2018, 10:14:45 am »
Not sure I should be in here.

Working in Amsterdam this week and had a joint on Monday night. Obviously I now know I cannot do this anymore as I have been craving cigarettes ever since.

Craving as in it is like all I can think about. Not had a cigarette but it is like week 1 all over again.
35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: Crisis
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:25 am »
I feel your pain @Not Another Puff. I realized when I quit that I would never be able to smoke a joint again. I wasn't a big joint smoker by that time (only an occasional one on special occasions) but I did miss it the first time I went to Cropredy festival with my (sadly now deceased) best friend. We'd always enjoyed one last thing, with our rum-laced hot chocolate and chocolate & banana crepe, and it wasn't quite the same without it. But it's the price we pay unfortunately. Just another dimension of NOPE... :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 04:21:55 pm »
Not another puff:

Not
One
Puff
Ever

One puff of tobacco can suck you right back in. Don't let it trick you.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

Enough42

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 06:37:49 am »
Oh no I really feel for you @Not Another Puff  BUT you are better than Mr Nic.  Do not let him win.  Be stubborn.  Dismiss those thoughts as quickly as they enter your head with the NOPE mantra and he will go away more quickly. You will got passed this more quickly than you did in week one because you have been there done that and have the tools to deal with it. Stay strong and be positive.  Look at how much money you’ve saved and the health benefits. You are winning.  Just got to stay in front.
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Not Another Puff

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 03:08:02 pm »
Crisis averted after my joint mistake.

Had a horrible week gasping for a tab and yesterday spent all afternoon with smokers and have not had one, so I am now back on the straight and narrow.

I now have a hot, sexy and smart girlfriend, who only dates non smokers.

35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 03:41:34 pm »
I'm liking the sound of the girlfriend.......

Not Another Puff

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 05:03:40 pm »
Me too, she loves the kissing thing.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 05:09:49 pm »
Hurrah!!  ;D 007 :foundbeer:

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 07:02:45 pm »
Me too, she loves the kissing thing.

What more motivation could you possibly need?

Enough42

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 12:29:55 pm »
Super duper thrilled for you @Not Another Puff. I really loved reinventing myself as a non-smoker....sounds like you will too with her on your arm.
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Not Another Puff

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 02:41:51 pm »
I am going through one of my bored of not smoking phases.

In fact having just checked my wallet my reasons for quitting and reasons to never want to have to give up again have both gone missing. I will have to go back through my posts as they were banging.

I think what I really want is some positive affirming about how well I am doing, yes I am that shallow.

Max414

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 03:33:43 pm »
You have taken the battle to the NIcdemon and you are Winning !!                                                                      BUT                                                                                                                                                                  If you fall backwards now, you unravel all the brilliant good work you have done to date. :o                                     WE here, are the living examples that quitting smoking CAN be done and it can be done PERMANENTLY.                But we are reaching down to you ,extending our hands, you must stretch up to grab our hands, you must gather all your strength and hang in there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Please don't lose this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 009
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Max414

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 03:36:05 pm »
Arggggghhh...words are misplaced all over the place,cannot remedy, sorry  :'(
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 04:45:28 pm »
Not shallow at all @Not Another Puff  :hug: :hug:

@Max414 is right however- you've come WAY too far to lose this now. What you're encountering is one of Demon Nic's clever attempts to de-rail you. He can see how close you are to slipping away from his grasp completely. Just hold fast and firm, repeat the NOPE mantra and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Can you see how the view is beginning to open out behind and below you? Imagine how much more splendid it is all going to look from the Penthouse summit.  ;D

Come on, @Not Another Puff , you can do this. You bloody well can.  :vader: :vader:

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 04:50:56 pm »
One month ago you had done 100 days smoke free, so you know you can do it.

Plus the smart, sexy, snoggable girlfriend is worth it. Don't think with your nicotine receptors, they are wrong; think with your man parts @Not Another Puff !!! (I don't think I have ever given that advice before!!)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw