Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Roll Out The Red Carpet  (Read 1554 times)

tea

• Administrator
Re: Roll Out The Red Carpet
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 07:18:37 am »
Sometimes the smell will turn your stomach. It was just a car driving past, but I gagged when I was about 3 months quit. I always think it smells worse in the rain too. I can't kiss Mr T after he's had one, he has to brush his teeth and wash his hands.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Not Another Puff

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 12:23:13 pm »
The vivid smoking dream is a real thing.

Stayed in last night and watched an episode of Queer Eye, cried watching it obviously.

Woke up this morning absolutely convinced I had gone out, got completely smashed and smoked like a trooper.

This morning I was already composing my day 1 giving up smoking post to the forum.
35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

The following users thanked this post: tea

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 01:27:18 pm »
Ah but you hadn't and the wedding fund is growing nicely.

Not Another Puff

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 10:25:12 am »
If I had not slipped on July 14th this would be day 100. Instead I am on Day 81 and 1.5 weeks from month 4.

Anyway I survived my first yacht show last week as a non smoker. This is a big deal as it is always boozy,  I have clients and work collegues who only smoke at yacht shows, so it wuld have been easy to slip. Last year I was having a very loose quit with cheating/NRT and completely fell off the wagon at this time of year.
35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 10:31:40 am »
Oooh congratulations. I'm sure we can arrange for yachts when you reach Penthouse Party day.

markmcclean1980

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 11:12:12 am »
Well done @Not Another Puff
I know exactly what it feels like to have that one event that you dread, and the elation you feel when you get through it.
Onwards and updwards!!!

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 01:28:46 pm »
Oh that's a wonderful achievement @Not Another Puff ! Well done you. And you'll be on Day 100 before you know it.  ;D 008 :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Not Another Puff

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 12:48:56 pm »
Yesterday was the 1st day where I do not remember thinking about cigarettes. I know on my darkest days of which there were many, you all assured me this day would come, I obviously thought you lot were full of it and this day would never come. It so shocked me that i went back and re-read my forum entries from the last 3 months which was an eye opener.

I am high maintenance, how many posts?
I find this place wonderful and has really helped me with my quit. I love the affirming you get here. In the real world no one wants to hear me banging on about my quit, no matter how much of a big deal it is to me.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 02:04:53 pm »
I do not think you are high maintenance at all!!! That's exactly what the forum is here for. I am so pleased you did look back though because it's educational isn't it?! I'm not surprised the day came, but I am pleased for you.

How goes the rest of the grand plan?

Not Another Puff

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 02:38:44 pm »
Well Tree I thought you'd never ask. I have taken out my reasons for not smoking sheet from my wallet:

My 16 year old daughter is a serial monogamist, I am still on course to give the father of the bride speech in about 2033 if not later as I have not died of heart disease.
My son is in his second year at Harlequins, still on course to lift the Rugby World Cup in 2031 with England and captain The British & Irish Lions in 2033 which I will now be there to enjoy as I have not died of lung cancer.
I am no longer killing myself by smoking.
I am no longer a drug addict.
I have saved £989.
Surrey won the County Championship this year for the first time since 2002. Surrey are already reserving my seat in the members pavillion for when I retire in 2038 and I move in.
I have kissed a girl as a non smoker and I liked it.
Everyday I continue not smoking, I increase the chances of not dying a long, slow, painful death from a smoking related disease.

The following users thanked this post: tea, KitKat, Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 03:47:19 pm »
# winning!!  008....

and.....

You will reach the Penthouse and have a celebration when you reach your 1 year smoke free.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 04:23:59 pm »
That is a truly wonderful post @Not Another Puff ....  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Not Another Puff

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2018, 09:56:32 am »
Well team justquit.co.uk this is my last day in month 3.

Best thing about month 3 was it was not month 1 and 2, because they really sucked.

While the frequency and strength of cravings is well down, I am still dodging bullets and have come close to caving in a few times. I was out with friends last night and some were smokers, when it started to get too much I had to go home early.

Pros: Sleep pattern back to normal, heart rate back to normal, cravings minimal and strength low, not month 1 or 2 thank god, breath minty, over £300 a month richer and expanded my universe of sexy/clever girls on dating apps by being a non smoker and I can feel my lung capacity is greater.

Cons: As I started smoking at 14, it is taking a long time to retrain my brain as a non smoker, I miss and romanticize smoking and I still fixate about cigarettes.

The following users thanked this post: tea

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2018, 10:01:26 am »
If my experience is anything to go by, @Not Another Puff , it really does start to get significantly easier from here onwards. I think you've done fantastically well, I really do. Enjoy your last day in the Month 3 room and have a glass or two once you've packed for the move upwards.  008 ;D :foundbeer:

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

Nicky40

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2018, 02:42:02 pm »
Well done @Not Another Puff it seems you are being very sensible (rightly so) and going home early when out with smokers.  I intend to hardly drink at all for months this time.  I understand about the romanticising, I started smoking at 11!! So didn't really remember not smoking.  I will get better for you with time.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........