Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Month 2  (Read 1564 times)

Max414

Re: Month 2
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 10:56:47 am »
Don't worry too much about the irregular heartbeat ,it's very common generally and especially when you stop smoking. So long as you don't feel dizzy or nauseous. To cope with influxes of poison up to 25/30 times a day,your body is forced to adapt dramatic defensive measures and eventually these measures become entrenched and habitual. So you can see that once you quit,the whole physiological balance of your body is upset as these measures are still in place..and this throws up all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff-bleeding gums,palpitations,pins and needles,itchy ears, extreme randiness.... :hug: all of which settle down as your very very clever body gradually reverts to how nature intended it to be-not having to cope with being gassed and poisoned every day!
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Not Another Puff

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 12:41:58 pm »
Heart beat is much better now.

I have just gone an entire morning without thinking of a cigarette once, which is definately a personal best.

As I am dating at the moment, none of the girls I meet know I was a smoker, this is a bit weird as it was such a big part of my life for 35 years.
35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

The following users thanked this post: tea, Lostie, Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 06:11:47 pm »
It's been one whole morning and soon that whole day will come.

My first thought when I read your second paragraph was that I am glad that my other half doesn't tell me much about the daft things he used to do before he met me. I have a Pumbaa and Timon attitude to that one; it's behind you.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Not Another Puff

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 01:47:49 pm »
This is my penultimate day in month 2.

Cycled past a vaper this morning and for the 1st time felt smug and superior. I know it is terrible to admit but I enjoyed feeling smug and superior. I am better than smokers as I do not smoke.

The 1st time I thought of cigarettes today was lunchtime and it was not a craving, I just wanted to check the forum and see when I could change rooms. I love changing up rooms.

As this is my best quit ever, a lot must go down to this Forum which works really well for me. The dropping back to day 1 from week 3 a couple of months ago really upset me, thanks for the tough love guys, just what I needed. I will never celebrate Bastille Day again without thinking of my smoking slip.

I cannot believe how many times I have swerved smoking by a second or an inch, it is unbelievable.

I still have the folded bit of paper with my reasons for giving up in my wallet.

This has been the worst 2 1/2 months of my life.

I really hope I keep going, as repeating this is unthinkable.

I am typing this and for the 1st time feeling proud of myself (only ex smokers get this) because I/we know how hard it has been.

I did no work in July as my brain was completely scrambled. Still having to work like a dog now to catch up.

If anyone asks me how I did it I will answer 'there is no one right way to give up smoking, it is whatever works, but what worked for me was Not Another Puff, cold turkey, so no cheating and no NRT. If I can do it anyone can do it, but break it down it to small managable time periods, like on this forum, days, weeks and then months'.

I have drunk so much water (literally litres and litres a day), that I am like a little old man who has to go to the bathroom every hour.
35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

The following users thanked this post: tea, Enough42

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 01:53:26 pm »
Your room gets upgraded tomorrow then. Standard upgrades include nicer toilet roll, nicer snacks and beverages. But get your requests in tonight and we can prepare your new suite.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Not Another Puff

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 02:02:17 pm »
I really do not need anything as I am just so happy to change up rooms.

Thank you for the offer though.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 04:34:59 pm »
Blinding post @Not Another Puff . I found myself nodding fervently to every sentence, especially the one about it being unthinkable to have to go through it again. That was what kept me on course during those first few months.

I know you'll be sick and tired of being told it'll soon get easier but it will.... I promise.... :hug: :hug:

And  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: for you!!!  ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Enough42

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 06:46:05 am »
Ditto to what @Skiddaw said.  I wa nodding along too.  Make sure you come back and read your post if you need some support at any point.  It’s a great summary and hits the nail on the head as to why you just need to keep going.  It does get easier!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am