Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: How does it work?  (Read 830 times)

Burners

How does it work?
« on: May 17, 2018, 04:26:30 pm »
Wowow I'm counting in months now?

A bit afraid!! However the pacing of the first rooms was so superb (hell yeah the first 3 days are each room worthy achievements in their own right) I'm submitting myself to the genius that paves them and am going to assume I'm safe as long as vigilant. So I guess I'm here until tomorrow and then counting in months?
Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!

tea

• Administrator
Re: How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 07:45:55 pm »
It is entirely up to you @Burners. You can always start threads for each day or week for as long as you like. Do whatever is best for you. I had a real life star chart for the first 3 months and my daughter gave me gold stars each day.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Burners

Phil Coulson

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 10:26:37 pm »
Everyone's quit is their own journey. There are many of us who have made the journey beforehand so you can be certain that its a very doable,  but we all found a way that suits us best.

Personally I was counting in days until at least 100 days, whatever worked to stay focused and motivated.

Nicky40

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 09:49:46 am »
I do both @Burners as I like to see total days, weeks and months build up so for today I would say I'm on 132 days, 19 weeks tomorrow/almost 5 months.  Do whatever you prefer and post as much as you like.  Well done  008
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

markmcclean1980

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:59 pm »
As people have said @Burners it is completely up to you.  I find it helpful to use an app which keeps track of days, and a reminder in my calendar to keep track of months.  However you do it is up to you.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 04:26:31 pm »
I use an app too @Burners i found when i got past a month i started losing track of what day i was on. Mines is just a simple nhs one but it does the job.
Quit Date 6/11/17