Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Week 3  (Read 995 times)

Not Another Puff

Week 3
« on: July 29, 2018, 05:12:01 pm »
Day 15 so week 3.

As much by luck as judgement, I have fallen into week 3 without a cigarette or use of NRT.

I am trying to face my triggers as there is nothing in adult life in the last 35 years that I have not done as a smoker.

Dodged so many bullets in the last few days, but as with most things in life you have to be good and lucky.

As suggested I am still breaking down time into smaller parcels, at the moment it is to hang on until I get home in the evening.

I am attending a family wedding next weekend which I am actually looking forward to as a non smoker.

35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

KitKat

• Administrator
Re: Week 3
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 05:54:04 pm »
What a lovely post to read and well done @Not Another Puff

Unfortunately quitting is not an easy road to follow and there is no "luck" in what you have achieved so far, but as I know and many others here, it's down to bloody hard work and even more determination.

Again, well done  008 and enjoy the wedding.

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 06:21:04 pm »
Well done indeed @Not Another Puff:)

Forewarned is forearmed and I'm sure you'll find techniques to get you through the wedding next weekend. You're quite right to keep telling yourself how splendid it will be to attend a wedding as a non-smoker. Think how chuffed you'll feel afterwards! Every event you get through is a step towards your brain reprogramming itself and it surprising how quickly you stop associate such events with smoking.

You can do it and you are!!!  ;D 007 008
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 06:35:47 pm »
That's the way. I expect that the wedding will be lovely, hope you get some sunshine back for it.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Not Another Puff

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 10:44:50 am »
Thank you everyone.

The fragility of my abstinence is so tenuous, it is almost palpable. I am like the movie Sliding Doors, if I was 1 second earlier or 1 second later in and out of any situation I would be definately be smoking now.

The internal discussions I have with the voices in my head about not smoking are intense. In fact they are not always internal, I have found myself saying things outloud as well. Junkie voice is the loudest and sneakiest.

1 thing that does resonate was when for 1 evening of smoking I had to slip down the snakes and ladders board from being an absolute legend on week 3, all the way back to day 4. This really upset me, but tough love is good for me, zero tolerance.

35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 12:52:01 pm »
@Not Another Puff how are the kissing plans going?

Not Another Puff

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 03:05:09 pm »
You have good memory.

I have not been using my smokeless kissing technique as much as I would like.

I have 3 1st dates this week, I will let you know.

markmcclean1980

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 04:41:15 pm »
Well done @Not Another Puff it’s so good to see you doing so well

Not Another Puff

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 11:38:18 am »
Last post on week 3 as Sunday will see me jump up to week 4, a new personal best on this giving up smoking thing.

Still finding it incredibly hard and I am seriously falling out with the voice in my head that says 'just 1 Nick, you are doing so well that you deserve to reward yourself with a cigarette and not be in this withdrawl hell for 30 minutes.'

I am a big bucket of win and fighting like a lunatic to hold on to this not another puff thing.

Apart from Bastille Day evening I have not smoked since June 25th, 39 days ago.

While I know how fragile this is, I am just starting to believe that I could, remotely, possibly do this.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 01:03:36 pm »
Oh you can dear @Not Another Puff ... you can and you are doing it!  ;D ;D ;D

This is your quit. I can feel it.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 03:20:33 pm »
If we can do it, you can do it. Plus I would challenge you to time those cravings; when one starts start the stopwatch and run on the spot.

The NHS stars say that if you make it through 28 days you can stay Quit long term. It's all down to the will power/stubbornness.

Nick_82

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 05:47:24 pm »
Hi @Not Another Puff , you are doing great and it will get easier soon. You can do it and it will be worth it. Just keep going one day at a time.