Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: There is no light at the end of the tunnel, ever, it is all a lie.  (Read 214 times)

Not Another Puff

Team Not Another Puff (I know this is not a real thing),

Disaster day was Saturday July 14th, so I am calling this day 9 of my rebooted giving up smoking 2.0 and welcome to week 2 on the Forum.

1st time I have done the following as a non smoker since my last post:

Dated
Played a cricket match
Danced
Spectated at a sporting event

While I should be proud of myself, my not smoking is such a fragile thing that it is hard to get too excited.

I have to change my mind set as I think of myself very much as a smoker on a break from smoking. It would not surprise me or anybody I know who have seen me like this too often over the years if I started smoking again.

Having said all that this is my best cold turkey ever and I am going to do this.

I find the best thing for me is to tell myelf I cannot do this, I am going to fail, I will smoke, I have no idea why but my internal retort of I'll show you, I will do this, I will win at giving up smoking. Weirding myself out that I am having an internal dialogue with myself, with full on voices in my head.

35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

The following users thanked this post: KitKat

tea

• Administrator
Re: There is no light at the end of the tunnel, ever, it is all a lie.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 10:24:11 am »
''Tis true. Why would you let the disembodied voice of a chopped up dead leaf wrapped in paper spoil your chances of lots of snogging and a lovely wedding for your daughter?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 01:26:57 pm »
Hurrah for Team @Not Another Puff !!!  ;D 007 :hug:

Try not to think long term. Just tell yourself you're not smoking for the next hour. Before you know it, the hours will have become not just days and weeks but months and years. You can do it.... :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Nicky40

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 01:49:44 pm »
I agree short term goals are best, even it's only I won't smoke during the next 30 minutes, all the little goals add up to big chunks of hours, days, weeks.

Well done and keep going @Not Another Puff  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 08:20:25 am »
It's been said before, but is so true,-----quitting is a marathon with lots of little steps------

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it