Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 8  (Read 1154 times)

jacq

Day 8
« on: July 20, 2018, 05:23:16 pm »
So this is embarassing as I was doing SO well and then last month i started again. So here I am, day 8 and I cant believe I am back in hell....
I want to buy cigarettes so badly I just dont know if this is worth it again. I just need help. I cant deal with this at all. The cravings are ridiculous. Any help greatly appreciated. I am so upset with myself

markmcclean1980

Re: Day 8
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 06:20:50 pm »
Hang in there @jacq
Most of us have had multiple attempts in our journey to be free of nicotine.  This is just a small set back.  Keep telling yourself that you don’t want to go through the initial withdrawal again.  Onwards and upwards!

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 08:45:44 pm »
Have you met @Not Another Puff @jacq ? You could keep each other in check.

Refresh your reasons for quitting. Print them out and stick them in your purse.

(You can smoke if you can persuade @Phil Coulson or @Max414 to agree that your reasons for doing so outbalance your reasons to stay Quit).
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:04:57 am »
Hi @jacq  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Can't improve on what @tea has said but as @markmcclean1980 says we've all been there. I think you should call the previous quit a practice run. You'll have learned a lot from it and this time things will be better. You can do it- you know you can- and we're all here to provide support and a shoulder when needed.
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Ria

Enough42

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 09:39:44 pm »
OMG @jacq you sooooooo can do this. Get yourself out of the hell of being a smoker.  Scream a big F U as many times as you need to when you feel Mr Nic approaching.  Don’t let yourself be beaten by him.  You are better than he is.  Show him. Do it NOW!! And sending big hugs.....
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Max414

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 09:34:39 am »
Come on Jacq, hold our hands and let's get through this  :nobeer:
We all tried and failed at least a few times and often many times, so you are just like us-we made it cos we were determined and we would not accept failure,nor will you, we can see that from the type pf person you are  :-*
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 11:00:56 am »
You've come back to the forum @jacq , you didn't have to, so it must mean your tying again and that's all you can do until you find you can give up. Don't feel too bad, we've all been there. I still miss the dreaded weed from time to time, and think I always will, but its never coming back into my life, I enjoy the simple act of walking pain free much more than a smoke. I put my quit date on here and that's set in stone, keep going.007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

jacq

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 12:10:04 pm »
You guys are just the best. Seroiusly I know I quit last time and stayed quit BECAUSE of all of you and your support this time means even more. Thank you @LAST CHANCE SALOON @Max414  @Skiddaw @tea Ive missed you guys! Thank you @markmcclean1980 I have not yet met @Phil Coulson or @Max414 but my reasons for stopping were....I wanted to have freedom from addiction to smoking. I want to be healthy, I wanted to stop having pains in my chest and my skin started to look old!! I think this addiction is really, really tough to kick in the beginning and friday and saturday were a total nighmare for me I felt like i was being thrown against a wall by it and i was SO angry....

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 12:20:00 pm »
Anger is good!!  ;D @jacq , you just give Mr Nic what-for every time he tries to de-rail you with a crave.  :vader: :vader: :vader: With every victory your arsenal grows stronger and it'll be harder and harder for Mr Nic to get under your skin.

You go for it girl!  007 007
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 12:30:29 pm »
Nobody said it was easy @jacq , smoking is easy but deadly. I could not believe how bad my jacket smelt after 4 weeks of giving up and how bad people in the lotto, cigs queue smelt. It wasn't on my list for giving up but im glad I don't smoke now, neither was the fact ive saved £2000 that hasn't gone up in smoke but im glad its in my bank account now. So many reasons to give up and some you don't see until you quit. I could not have kept the quit without the support on this forum.:)
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

jacq

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 07:05:29 am »
So true that with every victory your arsenal grows stronger @Skiddaw my husband says that too but coming from him who hasnt been a smoker i didnt take any notice but from you I do !! And thanks @LAST CHANCE SALOON thats so helpful. I really need to keep on here and keep close at the moment as its the only thing getting me through. This weekend was the hardest ever. I never want to go through that again. its like this 'desperation' for this thing you cant have and it just gets worse...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 09:11:03 am »
For half a second I misread that your other half was an Arsenal supporter and sympathised with the desperation.

12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Not Another Puff

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 09:23:12 am »
@jacq, I am so with you it is uterly pointless, this giving up smoking malarky.

Skidaw suggested to me to write down my reasons for giving up and put them in my wallet for those unbearable craving moments. It does not make the pain any less but it gives you something to do with your hands and is a slight distraction.
Tea practices tough love which also worked well with me.
You have to own your withdrawl, it is your fault you feel so bad, you have to beat it or it will literally kill you.
Exercise if you can, the only time I do not want to smoke is when I am sucking in trees, with sweat making my eyes sting. Added advantage of one of the first things you notice about not smoking is you have a bit more puff very early in the not smoking thing.
Keep busy, idle hands and all that.

Please feel free to ignore everything I have written, your withdrawl is personal and unique to you, there are no right or wrong answers, it is whatever works for you.

35 years a smoker until Bastille Day 2018, now a smoker who is choosing not to smoke for the foreseeable future

Phil Coulson

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 10:46:06 am »
Sorry late to the thread as I've been away. You just have to take it one day at a time, cravings will always pass and they aren't lfe threatening, smoking is a choice and one which is life threatening.

Just keep choosing fredom from addiction, all of us wobbled, I reckon almost all of us have had numerous attempts to quit before the on ewhich actually stuck but its doable, you simply need to learn to live without them.

Hand in there and stay positive.

Nicky40

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 01:56:42 pm »
Hi @jacq glad to see you came back, agree with what everyone else has said especially about all of us having had multiple attempts, I think it must be rare to quit and stay quit on first attempt.

Early nights helped me loads in those early weeks.  Spent a lot of time reading or watching Netflix in bed.  :hug:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........