Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Almost two months!  (Read 733 times)

Phoenix

Almost two months!
« on: June 21, 2018, 09:56:29 am »
Hi Everyone

Hope you're all well and enjoying the sunshine. As  a hayfever sufferer, I'm on lock down. It's really bad this year isn't it?

On 24th June it will be two months since my last cigarette. I've had a couple of near misses when I may have slipped if I'd had any handy but as I didn't, I didn't.

Next goal is three months....

Nicky40

Re: Almost two months!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 12:34:44 pm »
Hi @Phoenix and well done on nearly two months, it's great you fought the urges, they must be few and far between by now.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

I think even people who don't usually suffer with hayfever are sniffly to some extent this year as pollen so high, I get a little bit but my husband and daughter both get it quite bad.
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

The following users thanked this post: Phoenix

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 12:54:30 pm »
A smoke- free summer beckons in all its glory dear @Phoenix !!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: 008 008 008

Hope you can find something to deal with the hay fever.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Burners

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 08:46:50 pm »
Hurray! Go @Phoenix !

I'm fluffing the velvet cushions in room 3 months, can't wait to see you here!

Please keep posting always fab to hear from you!!!
Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 08:59:17 pm »
It is a bad year, but for me it's dry and headachy and only my eyes are runny. I can barely see the two excited dancing men running into your suite for your victory mumbo

kk          kk
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Phoenix

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 09:32:49 pm »
Hahaha @tea!

Always great to see you there lighting the way for me @Burners.

I put a hayfever SOS on Fbook this afternoon and have had some excellent responses. Am collecting some local honey tomorrow and have ordered a room ioniser to clean the air while I'm sleeping. I'm also going to order a mask, you know, like the bird flu masks they were wearing in China. I'm going to wear it when I have to go in the garden. I find the book of face very useful for these sorts of things....

Anyway, am I still the baby of this happy band or have any super-newbies joined the gang?

markmcclean1980

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 11:37:23 pm »
Well done @Phoenix on a great start to your journey.  And that’s what it is, a start.  So you had a few bad cravings along the way?  Who hasn’t?  The main thing is you got through them. (I’m sneezing as I write this - hate hay fever)  You are doing so well and you have @Burners just in front of you.  I’m sure you two will have a great party in the month 3 room in a few days.

Titch

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 10:03:45 am »
Well done on getting through those cravings and reaching Month 2.   Sorry to hear you are suffering badly with the hayfever. Ive also heard that eating locally grown honey can help so fingers crossed that gives you some relief.  Also Dont know if it would work but my daughter swears by cucumber slices on her eyes to relieve the itchiness.   
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Gerti1

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 07:02:34 pm »
Well done Phoenix you are doing a grand job. Everyone seem to be sniffing at the minute and that includes one of our dogs who is now on Piriton !! :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018