Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Hello new room  (Read 1240 times)

Gerti1

Hello new room
« on: June 05, 2018, 06:41:55 am »
Big woop woop to each and everyone of us, we rock :)
Start of month 6 for me and I am feeling confident. The freedom from being a slave to something I hated is fantastic. Self esteem has rocketed for me and I can afford to buy so many other lush things, this week I bought 5 chickens and am baking using their eggs, its fabulous. I still crave now and then but its becoming more of a 'thought' than a 'need' :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

tea

• Administrator
Re: Hello new room
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:49:59 am »
Welcome to your new suite. We'd better make it fox proof. I love the idea of having your own chickens and fresh eggs. They all have individual characters as well don't they? I was somewhere on Friday and a chicken escaped through the lounge into a lady's bag and the chicken's name was Gerty!!! They're therapy chickens though and there is one lady who really loves Gerty so much that she picks her up and properly cuddles her and the chicken just lets her.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Gerti1

markmcclean1980

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:36:16 am »
Well done @Gerti1 on reaching another milestone.  You are doing incredibly well.  Isn’t it great being able to afford things which seemed out of reach before?  You can now spend your money on your chickens instead of smoking it (you could ‘smoke’ your Chickens but that’s a whole other thread lol).  Make sure to bake something that you can have with a nice celebratory glass or two of your favourite tipple  008

Gerti1

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 07:45:02 am »
They really are friendly @tea ours have been here a week and I can cuddle one already. We lost our last lot to Mr Fox 4 years ago and I said I would never have anymore unless I had a foxproof coop and run, thanks to the extra pennies from stopping smoking we now have safe chooks :D
Thanks @markmcclean1980, we have apple smoked turkey for dinner on Sunday :) My fav tipple at the moment is a grapefruit juice with ice lol but very nice :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 09:28:17 am »
How many eggs do you get in a week?

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 09:48:39 am »
Hi @Gerti1 and very well done to you.  Pleased you are feeling confident and positive.  I totally get the thought vs need, it's fleeting and you just fancy the idea of smoking rather than actually doing it.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Max414

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 10:07:03 am »
Congrats Gerti!! What a great thing to read  :-*

We had chickens for a few years.One used to hop onto my shoulder as i walked around the garden  :foundbeer: It never pooped on me,which was a benefit.

The eggs were fantastic-can't remember why we didn't get any more bwk-bwks, ,when they died off. Still have the Coop in the garden.
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »
Awww... I envy you the chickens @Gerti1  :) I would love to have some. I've been working on Mr S to agree for years and haven't given up yet. My dear departed friend (the one who lived on a croft in North West Scotland) kept chickens- her husband still does- and I love the way they all have their individual personalities. There's one particular one (Chestnut) that's super-intelligent (she's like the leader of the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park  ;D).

Hope you get plenty of wonderful, fresh eggies and HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your arrival at Halfway House!!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 07:02:36 pm »
 :-[ I wish I wasn't scared of birds. Right, this week I'm not going to run away when a chicken comes in and I will try touching it while someone else is holding it. I'm going to have to man up and get ready for chickens in the Penthouse.

Sally

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 07:51:08 pm »
Well done @Gerti1 and welcome to the chickens! Do they have names?  They are clever aren't they - my friend who is also a dog trainer has clicker trained chickens.

I'd love to keep chickens but like @tea I'm terrified of birds!  I swear every pigeon in London smells the fear and heads straight for me. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

The following users thanked this post: tea, Gerti1

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 08:19:27 pm »
Well done @Gerti1 and welcome to the chickens! Do they have names?  They are clever aren't they - my friend who is also a dog trainer has clicker trained chickens.

I'd love to keep chickens but like @tea I'm terrified of birds!  I swear every pigeon in London smells the fear and heads straight for me.

Thank you for also being terrified of birds. I'll do jobs that involve cats and dogs that my colleagues won't do, but the closest I've ever been to making a dash out of a door during a serious investigation involved someone letting two parrots into a room.

Gerti1

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 08:25:03 pm »
Thanks everyone. The chooks are slowly being named, we have Hyacinth and Olive so far :) Our daughter and a close friend are both terrified which I fully understand as I am the same with spiders that disappear, yuk yuk and all animals sense fear so I suppose the birds do to. My close friend has an extreme fear which prompts her to run, scream and rip her top off !!!!  The clicker training sounds fab may even have a go at that as they are so clever. Hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 10:28:11 am »
Very well done @Gerti1 and @Nicky40 must be still with you. Ive said all along that 2018 was going to be a lucky year for us all .I'm sure this lovely weather is making us feel better as we can get outside and breathe that fresh air for the first time in a long time. And your own chooks has reminded me that so many neighbours of mine had chickens in their back gardens in the 50s and all the fresh eggs we had, and I'm sure we only had white eggs.007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, Gerti1

Sally

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 08:05:33 pm »
I love the chicken names so far!

@tea on a bad day, I also have a totally irrational fear of feathers even when they're no longer attached to the scary birds!  I love watching the birds on my bird table but only from a safe distance.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges