Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Still here  (Read 607 times)

Burners

Still here
« on: May 26, 2018, 11:15:05 am »
Hello lovelies!

A week and a half into month 2 and j just thought I'd check in to let you know I'm still here! I log on quite often, thinking about my quit buddies @DBsussex and @Phoenix wondering how they're getting on, and am grateful for the effort more experienced quitters have put into support, so thank you!

Still not smoked, far fewer cravings (again they come from trigger moments so I think I just have to get through each of them). Did first boxing class to add to the yoga I'm doing yesterday and started a diet I've made up (involves eating a lot of salad and fruit in the day and a hot meal and few chocolates  at night. Dunno if it will work but I've dropped a few kilos).Much easier to listen to subtle cues from your body when everything isn't masked/ it's only message is: "I feel like ***** you've smoked too much".

The new hobbies are a lot more fun than smoking!

Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!

LAST CHANCE SALOON

Re: Still here
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 11:59:11 am »
Well done @Burners ,your doing great, it really does get easier. Our group are just hitting 200 days that we set and we thought was impossible at the time but we got there and you will as well but we only did it though this forum and all failed many times on our own. Like me you will find you get a much better response from your doctor if and when you need one, they love quitters. I hope your quit buddies are doing ok as well, but this is your quit and your body you are clearing out and will already feel much better. Remember hardly anybody smokes any more.010
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Burners

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »
You just have to keep going and it gets easier and then it's Penthouse Party time before you know it.  008 The boxing and the chocolates sounds fun.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Enough42

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 07:23:39 pm »
Yay @Burners! You go get em.  I love the idea of the “more fruit and salad during the day then hot meal and choc treats at night”. Have to admit it’s kinda what I do.  And that thrown in with some moderate exercise has seen me lose almost a stone since beginning of Feb.  Feeling great and as I said in another post earlier today, I wouldn’t smoke again if you paid me! Sounds like you are marching your way straight to the top. It would be nice if your quite buddies have hung in there too but don’t let that be a precondition to your success. Sending lots of positive thoughts and find myself wondering what hot meal and choc treats you are having tonight!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 08:02:53 pm »
Hey Burners,

I'm still around too. It's great to hear that you're still doing so well. It's also great that you're managing the weight, I am not doing quite so well with that and am stagnating a bit with that. I'm not being as careful as I could be with food but I am keeping up the gym visits and classes and can see improvements all the time.

I lost my rag with kid 2 last night and had a very fierce craving. If I'd had cigarettes at hand I think I would have smoked but I didn't have any so crisis averted.

Sounds like things are going really well Burners, thanks for checking in.

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 10:36:48 pm »
Well done @Burners
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 07:08:41 am »
Congratulations  008  Sounds to me like you have things under control :D Hope you are rewarding yourself on the way :D

Sally

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 08:55:19 am »
Brilliant news, well done @Burners.  Any diet which includes chocolate sounds good to me.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Max414

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 11:28:58 am »
Good for you!

I am always deeply impressed that many of you 'new ' quitters are stoically ploughing on,gradually realising and reaping the colossal benefits of quitting,and doing so without being dependent on the forum but instead,leaning on it now and then.And most importantly,Not losing heart or failing. That is SUCH a great way to do this. I am pretty sure that when I quit, I was on the forum every single day and depended on it and upon the people on there much more than you new generation appear to, which is a huge thumbs up to you guys  007
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Burners

Enough42

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 06:21:49 am »
Great to hear that you’re still here too @Phoenix! But I’m with you @Max414 - I was dependent upon the forum like my life depended on it, particularly for the first couple of months. This lot coming through seem to be made of super tough stuff alright.
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 01:48:49 pm »
Thirded!! I was a right wimp in comparison. Still am come to that.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

markmcclean1980

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 04:41:21 pm »
Well done @Burners - before you know it you will be a third of the way through the year.  You got this!