Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Wow, so this is week 2?  (Read 650 times)

MrsPackham

Wow, so this is week 2?
« on: May 10, 2018, 10:16:30 am »
Hi All,

I have attempted to quit smoking more times than I care to remember but always ended back up on them.

Last Wednesday I took receipt of a Vape Mod. I was thinking here I go again *Sigh* but anyways I gave it ago.

My trouble with vape pens in the past seem to be when I have a drink, when I smoked I would always smoke a lot more with drink so when I was on a vape pen and it came to having a drink I would always end up smoking.

Anyhooooooo my last cigarette was at 9am on Wednesday 2nd May 2018. Last weekend we went on a little break away to Blackpool and drank like a fish all weekend. Not once did I want a smoke, I had my vape and that was enough. I think it helps massively that a lot of places let you vape indoors as it's not smoking.

So today I am day 8, week 2 of my journey and I feel great!!!!

Sharon x

The following users thanked this post: tea

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Wow, so this is week 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:48:16 am »
Hello Sharon and welcome to the forum :D 

Congratulations on making it through the first week, also glad to hear you survived a weekend of drinking.  Some people have to stay away from the drink for awhile until they feel secure in their quit. It's nice to see you don't have that problem.

Just remember NOPE Not One Puff Ever and you should be alright ;)

Nicky40

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 10:52:03 am »
Hi Sharon, welcome to the forum and well done on 8 days, you have actually got through one of the very hardest parts, in my opinion days 3-7 are very tough.

Alcohol does make it so much harder to stay quit, I failed many attempts because I had been drinking so it's great that the vape is helping you, anything that helps us to break free from smoking addiction is worth it.

This is a great forum with loads of friendly helpful people at all different quit stages so you have joined the right site.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 12:48:09 pm »
A big fat welcome to the forum from me too @MrsPackham - no relation to Chris I presume?  :)

You're doing brilliantly and we shall all be here, night and day, through thick and thin, to cheer you along on your journey to permanent freedom.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 01:31:42 pm »
Welcome to Week 2 @MrsPackham and may this be the Quit that sticks for you. Do feel free to jump in and join in with whatever you like (nobody bites) and post as much as you like. You're in good company.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Enough42

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 06:34:44 pm »
Welcome welcome indeed @MrsPackham.  Sheesh, look at you Day 8 and only just now posting.  Great going and you are sounding pretty strong to boot. Keep that guard up.  If you really want to quit you can.  You can beat this addiction.  I didn’t think I could make it through but was too stubborn to let Mr Nic beat me.  Keep going!! We are all here to support you!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

markmcclean1980

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 08:42:10 am »
 Welcome @MrsPackham and well done on reaching week 2.  I am a fan of vaping (some aren’t and that is ok, you will never be judged for your method of quitting here) and have been smoke free for over 200 days.  Once you set your mind to it nothing can stop you and it sounds like you are determined that this is your time.   008