Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Month 5  (Read 1964 times)

Gerti1

Month 5
« on: May 05, 2018, 07:19:20 pm »
Bit different to last month I'm afraid, its all been a little bit poo for the last 2 weeks. Couldn't work out why I felt so down and flat, I kept looking for the reasons and did contemplate going back up to high strength patches and maybe start taking lozenges, which I have had as a standby throughout but I held off and just been trudging along. I then realised that I was in this room last year and things went downwards, I lost my beloved brother and I relapsed. I now realise  I need to deal with raw emotions without leaning on an illusionary crutch and although it isn't easy I know in my boots I can do this as I have been such a happy bunny without those cancer causing sticks. Going to start a little bit of walking next week and will push on.
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Enough42

Re: Month 5
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 05:52:03 am »
Oh @Gerti1 I’m sorry I didn’t get to you sooner.  I’m sorry that you’ve been feeling a bit rubbish and of course about your brother.  That must have been so hard.  But how great is it that you’ve already self-diagnosed and know what you need to do to overcome it. Yes a little bit of walking in the brilliant sunshine should help lift your mood.  Or some more fantastic baking!! Sending you big hugs  :hug:
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Gerti1

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 06:53:47 am »
Thank you @Enough42 :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 08:08:02 am »
hi @Gerti1 ,its good that you can look back at your old posts and realise you've been there before. The suns shining bright so get outside while it lasts, it always lifts my S.A.D. Ive had my own problems this week and had to go to docs for first time in my life as I had no energy at all for three weeks and family didn't think I looked well and all pushed for me to go to docs. Had blood tests, ecg, blood pressure etc on Thurday and hoped I didnt get a phone call to go back on Friday as I had an appointment booked for next week. Well the dreaded call came Friday to go and see my doc at 2pm which sent alarm bells ringing, then they rang back to say to go in at 5 pm, more worry time I thought and no fags, but then I thought worry will change nothing so I mended a fence and forgot about docs and fags till the dreaded hour.  Well turns out my thyroid has packed up altogether, which was a relief in a way, she didn't mention the big C but I'm not out of the woods yet. Well they asked about smoking and were very pleased I was now around 6 months clean and said it could make a big difference, so Gerti forget about smoking, you don't smoke anymore. These anniversary days will happen every year and we have to get past them, hard I know but next month you will feel much better and smoke free. Hope i haven't made you feel worse.007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Gerti1

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 10:26:52 am »
Sorry to read about your thyroid problems, hopefully they can get it under control for you.

There is no fear of me smoking as I loathe it but I have been a little bit 'just plodding along' and sad which is quite understandable as it is the 1st anniversary which is always the hardest.

I am keeping busy, just back from a 3 hour trek round local bootsale which was fab and when I think about it I am always busy so maybe I need to chill a little. Just lost a little bit of my enthusiasm which I am sure will bounce back soon enough
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Max414

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 06:14:08 pm »
Gerti,you ought to be very very proud of yourself,cos we are  :hug:
There are many flat bits and down bits on the road to a proper quit and the temptation will always pop up to have one, maybe 'just one' but we all realise we must resist that. What happens over time Gerti is that a miracle occurs  004  you completely stop thinking of smoking,and even under high stress or deep sadness,the thought of smoking to relieve it is lost in the mists of time.

Quitting cigs is a MASSIVE thing to do and everyone who tries and succeeds,and tries and fails ( until the next try) , deserves huge credit.
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Nicky40

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 12:19:02 pm »
Hi @Gerti1 so glad you are still here and sorry to hear you are not feeling so great at the moment but I'm positive things will get better, and yes 1st anniversaries are very sad and difficult.  I think quitting can cause a little of that 'meh' feeling, can't be bothered and no get up and go, I get it sometimes too.  When I started again it was as a crutch when things were difficult, with hindsight it didn't actually help at all.   007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Gerti1

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 03:39:07 pm »
Thank you :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Enough42

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 07:51:57 pm »
How are you going @Gerti1? Still feeling a little flat or have things picked up?

Gerti1

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 06:26:26 am »
Yes @Enough42 I am on the up and up, thank you for asking. I have faced a few emotional dilemmas over the past few weeks and am proud of myself as have handled everything without leaning on the illusive crutch. :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Enough42

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 07:04:11 am »
Glad to hear it @Gerti1. Well done you. You don’t need it!

Nicky40

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 08:40:57 am »
Pleased to see you are on the up now @Gerti1  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Glasgowgal

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 04:03:44 pm »
Hiya @Gerti1 and glad you are feeling a bit better! You are doing so well, and now in month five. As ever you sound very self aware and know what you need to do to keep yourself cool.  Just keep what you are doing as you are doing brilliant  ;)
Quit Date 6/11/17

Gerti1

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 07:29:38 pm »
Thank you. To be perfectly honest I think in the back of my mind I felt I may hit a tricky period around the end of month 4 as that's when I relapsed last year. This year I have worked so much harder at quitting, more than I ever have before and I feel this has paid off. I am so very proud of myself and I made quitting the most important thing in my life right now :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 11:40:30 pm »
Well done @Gerti1 and hope this lovely sunshine has lifted  you up a little, and yes with all the other day to day problems, not smoking is number 1 for us this year.007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.