Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Brand New and Starting Week 2  (Read 1397 times)

DBsussex

Re: Brand New and Starting Week 2
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 12:46:45 pm »
Thanks @Phoenix .... definitely looking forward to making it over the next few days.
I've been off work for week two of my quit, I was expecting to be able to achieve lots....especially after the awesome weekend I had...but alas week 2 has been just as challenging as week one for me. I have slept far tooo much,  001 but I'm not sure how much of that is the Champix, and how much is the body adjusting.... 009
But, off to Wales tomorrow for a couple of days, so I'll be able to breathe in some real clean air!!!! Yay  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Quit date 22/4/18 @ 00.01

Phoenix

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 01:11:30 pm »
Hey DB,

I feel very tired too so maybe it's the adjustment. I'm trying not to get frustrated with myself.

Enjoy Wales, it's beautiful isn't it? I love snowdonia. Hope you have a super relaxing time and that you feel the full benefit of the clean fresh air.

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 10:09:09 am »
Welcome @Phoenix and very well done. This was my first and only forum with lots of past failed quits without it. I went to no smoking Wales and took every NRT they had and started reading posts on here, still do, and with the ppl on here in the same boat I'm managing to quit for good. You will find you don't want to let anyone down on here which is different from letting yourself down which you have done many times. Weve all gone through the tough early days, some found it easy and some found it near impossible but they are all still here. All I see on the streets now are vapers not smokers, hopefully they are safer, even doctors agree they don't have the 400 bad toxins in them. So don't become the last stinky dinosaur on your street, keep posting, keep reading, keep with us. Nobody said it was easy....think il go blonde as well...As the plack on my Wall says that the kids gave me. OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER,TOO OLD TO CARE. Good luck.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Phoenix

Phoenix

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 04:34:19 pm »
@LAST CHANCE SALOON, haha, sounds like a very complimentary description of a fun character!

Yeah, I'm already feeling like this forum is giving me a sense of accountability but in a very non judgemental way, which is great!

And yep, vaping is most definitely overtaking smoking where I am. At work there are very few cigarette smokers left, almost all have changed over. There are clouds of candy scented vapour surrounding the back door!

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 05:48:33 pm »
Ha, its burners who has gone blonde, but your all welcome to join in. I should have some left in my bottle. No nobody will mind if you fall off the wagon phoenix but we would rather you fastened your belt and stay on. Soon you will feel strong enough to post your last smoke then stick by it.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

markmcclean1980

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 06:06:22 pm »
I’m a bit late but welcome to the forum @Phoenix
You will find a very supportive and friendly network of people here who will offer advice and support, and make sure you reach the penthouse

Gerti1

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 06:47:23 pm »
A big welcome @Phoenix and well done on giving this your best shot. I recommend boiled sweets especially sherbet lemons :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Burners

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 08:26:14 pm »
It's alll about gym classes, much more fun and you don't notice the time passing.

That said, you're making me feel bad as I'm sitting on my sofa eating a tub of ice cream.
Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!

Phoenix

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 09:00:04 pm »
Haha @Burners, don't feel bad. I've had far too many nights on the sofa eating enormous bars of Galaxy. It's just that I'm now paying the price!

How are things over there in week 3 land?

Very stressful day at work today which meant I didn't eat properly or drink enough and so had some cravings today.
Smoking still feels very much like my go to. Do you think that will stop ever?

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018, 10:31:12 pm »
Hi @Phoenix , you've had a stressful day on a rare lovely day outside which doesn't help. A lot of us found at day 30 the craves faded and the thought of smoking had also faded, so it doesn't take that long before you can control it. As I haven't pasted the 12 month mark this time I'm finding jobs I could only do with a packet of 20 to hand, like today cutting half the lawn and then having a coffee break and rewarding myself and was chuffed I didn't miss the smoke I had last year. I'm still learning to live without smoking and so must you. Don't have tobacco anywhere near you, you will have to buy some if you need it and that gives you time to say nope, nope,  nope, I stood outside a shop saying just that after 3 week quit. Nrt is great but it still needs will power from you, nobody can do it for you. Look how proud @markmcclean1980 is feeling today, he has tried so hard over the years but cracked it this time. You've had a bad day but tomorrow could be great and you wont be smoking. Hope I'm not being too harsh, but I don't want you smoking again, I smoked for far too long and now wish I hadn't, there were no forums like this to help me then , but I cant put the clock back. Hope you can get out in the sun on Monday .You can do this, its like fighting cancer but much easier.007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: markmcclean1980, Phoenix

Enough42

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 05:48:40 am »
Yes @Phoenix they will stop.  You sound like me when I was at your stage in my quit - see if you can find some of my old posts.  I just wanted somebody to tell me when the craves would stop. I found the battle in my brain to stop myself from smoking so exhausting.  But it will get better, usually after your first month. It won’t be instantaneous but it will ease off and cut you some slack.  So keep fighting for now.  One minute, one hour, one day at a time.  The day will come when it will just all be better and you will feel great about yourself.  I don’t think I thought of smoking at all yesterday.  How cool is that?!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 08:33:29 am »
Fine words @Enough42 ,that's how it was for us Phoenix .We still fight it every week , we're not that perfect yet, something triggers the thought, like when i found 3 fags in my gardening coat last week and I thought just one puff but then crushed then and binned them . It doesn't take over our lives any more, we can live without fags. As I let a 2 year quit go so easily I think I will always have to fight it personally, but I don't mind, I know how to fight it this time.007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 09:27:49 am »
The thinking that it's your 'go to' does stop, it just takes a little longer for your brain bits to come to terms with change than the rest of you. You're reprogramming those brain bits everyday with the new experiences and eventually it will come back to you and say "ah I get it now". So for a little while you will just have to tell your brain that it is wrong sometimes.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 10:42:00 am »
I can remember thinking it would never get any better but it really does. You get so you don't notice it happening. The triggers get fewer, less frequent and less intense and eventually they stop altogether. Just plough on through @Phoenix and you'll be out the other side of it before you know it.  :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Burners

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 09:25:25 am »
@Phoenix my cravings consumed me initially and they are much much rarer already.

I always get myself through by telling myself 'if I just don't smoke today, doesn't have to be forever' &
'If I have on cigarette now that means I will probably smoke another 10 years' - trying to make the cigarette forever, and the not smoking 'now' really helped.

For me it's not only coming up in stressful moments, before big work calls etc - I think it's justbreworing those moments with not smoking that's the key.

Week 3 still crave but maybe one big one every couple of days at this point.
Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!