Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Brand New and Starting Week 2  (Read 1396 times)

Phoenix

Brand New and Starting Week 2
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:26:53 pm »
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on my first ever forum, so please bear with me as I figure things out.
I'm on Day 8 of a quit following a multitude of aborted previous attempts (which I have learned from).
I've thrown everything at this one, lozenges, NHS quit service, essential oils, meditation, overnight hypnotherapy and diet changes.
So far, it's going OK. Not one cigarette for 8 days and have lost 2lbs. I've had two near misses though, one after a row with my delightful preteen daughter and one after a very difficult guest at work. Held firm both times though.

I wanted to join the forum because I know from previous attempts that I will get cocky around week 3 or so and think I've cracked it. Then I have the potential to slide right back into the mess.
 It's a real mind game this isn't it?

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Brand New and Starting Week 2
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 12:50:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting through the first week ;D

I'm sure people on here will be able to help you with your quit, although you seem to be doing OK yourself. Please come on here for any help or even a rant, we don't mind at all.

May this be your forever quit. Oh don't forget to reward yourself as you go on your journey to the Penthouse.

The following users thanked this post: Phoenix

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 12:53:18 pm »
Welcome to the forum dear @Phoenix ! Sounds like you're aptly named, as you rise with your beautiful clean wings all ready to fly free of nicotine forever.  ;D

It is a mind game, but you've already put the first week behind you and every crave you successfully wrestle to the floor will make you stronger. It won't be long before you start to really see the positives to quitting and before you know it, even after a pants day and a big dose of your pre-teen daughter smoking will be the last thing on your mind.

And you've lost 2lb!!! That takes some doing....

I shall be cheering you on your way today and every day  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 01:19:55 pm »
Hi @Phoenix I've got one of those young teenager things at home and i find that stressful enough sometimes. So welcome and well done so far.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 02:16:37 pm »
Ah, thank you so much folks. It really makes a difference knowing people who understand are rooting for me.

Yes, let's hope this is the forever quit.
What is the 'penthouse'?

I really had control my diet this time because l in previous attempts I've had the 'eat what I like and deal with it after the quit' approach and then started smoking again! This piece of genius thinking has left me with two issues instead of one!  :-\

And yes, the young whippersnappers can be a handful!

DBsussex

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 03:02:05 pm »
Oooh....welcome @Phoenix You've found a great place here...Everyone is soo so nice and they've helped me massively through week 1 008

Congratulations on getting to week two !! :vader:
Quit date 22/4/18 @ 00.01

Nicky40

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 03:19:54 pm »
Hi @Phoenix and welcome to the forum.  This place will help you loads as all like minded people struggling with the same issues in their quits, loads of info on here and a place to go when you feel tempted (I do the daily quizzes most days and some of the word games - they're a good distraction.

My sympathies with the preteen daughter (I remember what those are like), I still have one teen and he is hard work but as he's 20 very soon so I'm sure any annoying behaviour will cease immediately on that day  ;)

Well done on your 8 days, lots of us here have tried multiple times before this too.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 05:42:08 pm »

What is the 'penthouse'?

The Penthouse is the VIP Celestial Palace that you triumphantly enter when you've been quit for 12 months. It's a palatial establishment with every possible luxury you can imagine. Even as we speak, your Penthouse Suite is being prepared. You can chose how you would like it furnished and obviously, what toiletries you want in the large and splendid bathroom. A spa pool and sauna is provided.

@Max414 is the Penthouse Doorman who will greet you as you cross the red carpet and there are all sorts of traditional arrival perks (for example, I provide a large virtual chocolate cake  :)). It's also traditional to throw a party when you reach the Penthouse- theme is up to you. Hurrah!!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Max414

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 05:45:24 pm »
Very warm welcome Pheonix  :hug:
I completely support your notion of throwing everything at this one. We all tried and failed to quit before but in the end we found the key to freedom and we will bust a gut to make sure you find your forever quit with us  004
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

breakingfree

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 10:15:48 pm »
Welcome, to @Phoenix ,   007 very appropriate name.  Whatever you are going through someone here has had that experience and understands (I've forgotten pre teens...that'll be my granchildren soon but I can send them back  ;D) Good for you that you haven't wasted as many years as I have ...nor as much money.  The force of the forum will be with you  :vader: :vader: :vader:[move][/move]
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

Burners

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 11:46:54 pm »
Woo! Hi @Phoenix

You're not alone, there are a couple of relatively new quitters here, @DBsussex & I are both week 2 (last day of week 2 for me, yay!)

Welcome welcome, look forward to quitting together.
Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!

Enough42

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 05:30:14 am »
Welcome @Phoenix and how great that you are joining in the pack with @Burners and @DBsussex who are at a similar quit stage to you.  It really helps when there are people who you know must be going through the same difficult times as you.  Yep, quitting isn’t easy but it is absolutely soooooo worth it.  And you’ve kicked off with a weight loss as well.....do tell all (maybe under the “Healthy Eating/Diets” section of the forum) as I’m sure there will be people who are thinking about quitting who are worried about weight gain and that might be the only thing stopping them.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 05:33:09 am by Enough42 »
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Phoenix

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 11:20:34 am »
Morning All,

@Max414, the penthouse sounds magnificent, definitely worth staying smoke free for, but @Skiddaw you had me at chocolate cake.  ;D

@DBsussex and @Burners, many congratulations on your success and may we all stay on the wagon together.

That first week is full of trials isn't it? I was so close to breaking one evening. My husband stood in the doorway and said 'No!' which made me want to even more!
I ended up with a pot of low fat rice pudding and actually, I found just enough comfort in that.

What method/s have you been using for quitting?

Thanks again everyone, I can't believe how much positivity you've all shown already.

My work colleagues say, 'how long will it last THIS time?' which while I can understand their cynicism, I find it demoralising and humiliating.

@Enough42, will do that. The weight thing is a big consideration for lots of folks, I know.

Just been to book an induction and collect paperwork for the gym. Don't really fancy the actual gym but the classes sound fun.
As I understand it, it is a good idea to replace the boost that cigarettes give me with a healthier replacement booster. I'm signing up for 3months..........we'll see..........  010

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 11:38:17 am »
The good thing in Week 2 is that you can remind yourself that you don't smoke on Thursdays.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 11:46:32 am »
Well done to all the new quitters, it wont be long before you're not so new and will be helping and supporting other "new quitters" who join.

Feel proud and be proud of what you are achieving  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Phoenix