Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: What a difference a week makes !!  (Read 618 times)

DBsussex

What a difference a week makes !!
« on: April 29, 2018, 10:31:27 pm »
Heelllooo to week two !
Thank you to everyone for your awesome messages.. They were a massive help during that first week...
But, what a fantastic weekend I've had....
Went to the beach yesterday with fish and chips on the seafront and went had a bit of fun with the 2p machines in the arcade....
Found an old fashioned sweetie shop, sherbet lemons, cough candy and sherbet..... I've got loads here if anyone wants to share.......
Went back in the evening and took the doggie for a 3 mile walk along the promenade, and then today, she had another 3 mile walk through the woods..... the poor girl was struggling to keep up!  010

I'm quite enjoying telling myself that I don't smoke when those little "ooh you can have a smoke when......."   

So a week off  work now..... I'm sure the dog is going to lose weight this week
Quit date 22/4/18 @ 00.01

Burners

Re: What a difference a week makes !!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:37:05 pm »
Woo! What an ace post. So pleased you're enjoying the week.
Sure the dog's delighted to have an engaged companion. Keep us posted on the hols!
Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!

The following users thanked this post: DBsussex

Sally

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 10:49:45 pm »
Congratulations on your first week!  Sounds like a great weekend, I like the little sherbet pips and the alphabet sweets from the sweetie shops.

My poor dog was also walked off his little paws in the first few weeks of my quit.

Have a great week off work. 

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Enough42

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:59:12 am »
Absolutely brilliant work.  It sounds like you are floating on cloud 9 with this quit at the moment and so you should be.  It’s a massive achievement to get that first week under your belt.  Well done! Enjoy your week off.  Just remember to keep busy to keep those craves at bay.
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: DBsussex

Titch

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:26:22 am »

Went to the beach yesterday with fish and chips on the seafront and went had a bit of fun with the 2p machines in the arcade....
Found an old fashioned sweetie shop, sherbet lemons, cough candy and sherbet..... I've got loads here if anyone wants to share.......

Only place I can think of with a beach, a promenade, 2p machines and old fashioned sweetie shop with sherbert lemons, cough candy and not to mention sherbert pips and pear drops is Brighton.  Am I right?

Welcome to Week 2
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 09:33:56 am »
Well done @DBsussex a week under your belt is fab and you sound really positive.  I'm sure the dog will love all the extra walks, ours is getting extra's too since my quit started and she has lost weight (needed to anyway, was a little chunk!)  :foundbeer:

I love the seaside anytime of year, more peaceful when it's cold.  Especially love the seaside fish and chips.   :)
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 11:26:55 am »
Oh I do like sherbet pips and mint pips. They're so tiny, it's my only opportunity to feel like a giant !!  ;D I'm also quite fond of aniseed balls, even though they are bigger.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 12:40:46 pm »
You'll be walking that wee dog off her little paws @DBsussex  ;D

Way to go you!!!  008 008 :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 01:19:00 pm »
How wee is this doggie?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

DBsussex

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 10:40:42 pm »
Ha ha ... she's not really that weee....
She's an Alaskan Malamute...but an unusually lazy one.  009

The following users thanked this post: Burners

DBsussex

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 10:42:45 pm »
Only place I can think of with a beach, a promenade, 2p machines and old fashioned sweetie shop with sherbert lemons, cough candy and not to mention sherbert pips and pear drops is Brighton.  Am I right?

Welcome to Week 2

Not too far offf...just East along the coast a little....Hastings in the morning and Eastbourne in the evening  :nobeer:

Gerti1

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 08:10:10 am »
Well done with this quit @DBsussex , love the Malamute's :) My hubby and I spent a lot of time at Pevensey Bay in our early years and we now have a caravan just along the coast at Bracklesham Bay/Wittering, beautiful place :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Max414

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 01:04:58 pm »
Fabulous start DB and with a week off ahead,and Spring in the air,you can relish the prospect of your sense of smell returning in style  8)
I spent minutes sniffing hedgerows as I walked my dog way back in the very early Spring of 2013,when I was about 4-5 weeks into my quit,cos my olfactory senses had burst back into life,rescued from the Hell of smoking's yoke,and were seduced by gorgeous natural smells,wallflowers, apple blossom,jasmine, mmmmmmm!!!!!! Such a delight to rediscover your sense of smell!!!!!

30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)