Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 10 - a different kind of saturday  (Read 1045 times)

Burners

Day 10 - a different kind of saturday
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:52:39 pm »
Some of you know im recovering from fairly serious illness so have quit drinking for a bit as well as smoking.

Today I went to what claimed to be a yoga class but can only be honestly described as a long nap - I had three blankets, two giant cushions and an eye cover, and the teacher put an extra blanket on me at the end, ie basically tucked us in.. Incredible. I noticed for SURE that I could take in more breath than I’m used to. Like a whole different step in the lungs.

I’ve bought myself a bunch of crazily expensive chocolates from an east London hipster joint, and am now sitting down with a business book, an unbeliebable doughnut, a cappuccino and my friends on text.

Nails done next then the avengers for the OH tonight. W-I-n-n-I-n-g at doing stuff that’s not just working, getting smashed and chain smoking all the time.

Only craved once today, and the alternative is starting to feel a huge ton better.

So glad I found you all, it feels so so different to other quits when you have fun ex smokers to speak to. The quiet but humble (you’re still feeling challenged constantly) confidence quitting gives you is insane.

Noting this for when I feel crappy later down the track, and in case anyone new might look.

Love
Burners
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:02:25 pm by Burners »
Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Day 10 - a different kind of saturday
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 05:53:33 pm »
Glad you are winning and enjoying your chocolates, doughnut, cappuccino, friends and this forum 006

The following users thanked this post: Burners

Gerti1

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 07:27:22 pm »
I'm loving your posts Burners. I love the sleepy yoga sessions they are my absolute fav and always tickles me pink when someone nods off and starts snoring ha ha. Your chocolates sound delightful, I adore all edibles and you evening sounds more entertaining than mine as I'm currently reading up on Harpic Power Plus tablets in the hope they shift some stains in our toilet !!
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 08:07:55 pm »
That sounds so nice...... 009
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

markmcclean1980

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 09:05:23 pm »
Nice to meet you @Burners and well done on reaching day 10. 

I like the sound of the yoga class, that would be my kind of exercise lol

Enjoy your smoke free night out with the OH

Enough42

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 09:14:30 pm »
I'm currently reading up on Harpic Power Plus tablets in the hope they shift some stains in our toilet !!

Ha ha ha @Gerti1 that is very funny!! Ummm....try bleach and just leave it for a few hours?

Crikey @Burners I think I would feel annoyed at paying someone to let me sleep but that’s my “stay at home mum earn no money of my own” guilt complex talking (funny that it never spoke that loudly about paying for cigarettes which were clearly a necessity).  I’m sure it was actually delightful!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

breakingfree

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 09:18:04 pm »
 @Gerti1  you have changed!!  I wouldn;t know how to do that.  @Burners , please note  rule on this forum (I have just made it)  all expensive chocolates, and doughnuts, and cappuccinos hav to be shared  ( also can someone pls tell me how to let someone know I have mentined them on post -- keep trying@ and # but neither seem to work)
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

breakingfree

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 09:20:36 pm »
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 09:50:44 pm »
Actually in all seriousness @Gerti1 white vinegar, especially if you're in a hard water area. When we lived in London we got through a bottle a week and in Southampton I got through kettles like most people go through underwear.

breakingfree

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 10:12:32 pm »
must try the vinegar just moved to hard water area
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.

Max414

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 11:21:39 pm »
Burners you have made a great start  :hug:
Quitting is like making one of those old fashioned Xmas paper chains, it can seem thankless and hard with no obvious benefit at first but each day depends on the day before and you Mrs are talking the talk AND walking the walk  005
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Burners

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 01:06:57 am »
Haha you're all welcome to share the chocolates! Where's the best table to leave them? ☺️
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.

Gerti1

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 06:46:19 am »
Baggsie I get the strawberry cream ones please :D
Thanks for all the toilet tips, obviously got a super week ahead ! :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Burners

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 10:28:36 am »
@Gerti1 please let us know how you got on. I think we have limescsle problems with ours it's a real pain.

How's best to use the white wine vinegar!?

@Enough42 but you surely need sleepy yoga most of all! A big part of the fun is you get to tell everyone you're going for important exercise but you're secretly going for a rest where nobody will disturb you!!! No kids asking for stuff, nada! :) float back in when you're done ☺️

I just processed your message by the way and if your family has agreed that you are focussing on raising the kids then that is hugely valuable. We'll almost certainly need 2 incomes but if my partner offered to raise the kids full time I would see that as worth an enormous amount of value. In London private childcare can rake in 10s of thousands a month.

The following users thanked this post: Enough42

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 12:29:37 pm »
I just use cheap white vinegar and I pour it all over the toilet bowl and then put half a bottle in the cistern bit and leave it overnight on Friday and get up Saturday and give it a scrub and flush. In New Cross I used loads of vinegar on a regular basis and I had it in a spray bottle to do the shower screens because of the horrible streaks. In Southampton I had a fixed shower head so I used to fill a condom with white vinegar and pop it over the shower head thingy and leave it overnight. It's the acid that eats away the limescale.