Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 9 - the exercise crave  (Read 528 times)

Burners

Day 9 - the exercise crave
« on: April 27, 2018, 02:47:48 pm »
Hey!

Checking in to stay accountable!

Despite being super ill, I've got a parallel crave for doing yoga at the moment after trying the first since meningitis kicked in...

I think it's a lot to do with the smoke quit - smoking would often placate any nervous energy - now I'm starting to want to channel it into moving around!

Can't wait to be better, with this sh*t quit life could be unstoppable!
Non-smoking life commenced: 19th April 2018.
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.
Quit weapon of choice: cold turkey, hot baths, this forum!

Nicky40

Re: Day 9 - the exercise crave
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 03:16:41 pm »
Hi @Burners I hope you feeling a little better today and that you soon beat this illness.  I am better, just can't talk properly still since the start of my illness on 29/03.  Hope I never get Laryngitis again, it lasts ages!

I have found lots of people take up exercise of some form after quitting smoking - lots on this forum have.  I walk and cycle, both things I never did while smoking.  The exercise helps both as a distraction and a weight loss aid as quitting sometimes causes a little weight gain.

Well done on day 9 and have a lovely weekend.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

The following users thanked this post: breakingfree, Burners

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 05:06:19 pm »
You should come and live by me @Burners. Round the corner there is a Buddhist monastery and the monks run yoga sessions.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: breakingfree

Gerti1

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 05:42:38 pm »
Yoga is great, I have started again after a long break. Have you tried mindfulness ? It's so calming :) 
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Burners

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 06:52:17 pm »
Yeah @Gerti1 I love meditation etc. That stuff is all magic. Ooh @tea that sounds amazing, where abouts do you live? I've spent a bunch of time in Asia with work and for fun and the Buddhist temples over there always get me right in the feels. @Nicky40 wishing us both the best health & shape of our lives really soon! Xxx
Smoking history: 17 years' chainsmoking - 10 v quiet day, 20 typical, 40 easy on a boozy night - and there were many, many boozy nights. Weapon of choice: roll ups.

Burners

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 12:00:48 am »
Woo, went for a super quick swim instead. Few craves today which felt real but were really brief, and don't feel like smoking is the same option it once was.

Going to bed on day 9 & double figures tomorrow. Happy smoke free weekend especially to fellow newbie @DBsussex - we can do this  :ninja: !

Enough42

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 08:36:23 am »
Great attitude @Burners - you go get em! Yep I’m an exercise junkie now. I just love it. Makes me feel invincible!! You’re right, you can be unstoppable once you shrug off the ball and chain of Mr Nic. Keep going!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: Burners

Gerti1

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 03:04:22 pm »
I always say once the first 10 days is done you are  the worst. The exercise is fab and definitely helps so well done :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: Burners