Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Chocolates on the pillow  (Read 457 times)

breakingfree

Chocolates on the pillow
« on: April 20, 2018, 10:35:14 am »
Exploring the new room - I am sure there should be some chocolates in there somewhere.   005 Mind you I shouldn't be eating chocolates as I have put on a few kilos - can't just blame the smoking as recovery from broken ankle means my exercise is very limited.  Every time I see a smoker now I feel pity.  Had smoking family visiting  recently - no point in telling them to give up - they'll have to decide in their own time but I hope they do give up while they are still young.  The longer you smoke the more ingrained it is in your personality.  I don't think it makes quitting any harder or any easier but I do think it means the cravings (if you can still call them cravings) are still around for a long long time. :vader: :vader: :vader: :vader:
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

tea

• Administrator
Re: Chocolates on the pillow
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 12:57:51 pm »
How about a waffer thin chocolate mint? They are only waffer thin so they don't count as calories.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 04:09:16 pm »
@breakingfree , I promise none of the chocolate in any of the rooms contains calories.  ;D :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: breakingfree

breakingfree

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 08:34:47 pm »
oh shucks...you mean they are not real chocolates? .am definitely feeling in the need of chocolate and there's none around..
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 10:38:50 pm »
There's a box of champagne truffles I can drop you round. They need to be eaten by 8.5.18 and I'm not that excited so they've never been opened.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Sally

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 07:09:19 am »
Well done on getting to month 5, that's definitely a good enough reason for chocolate.  Hope you make a speedy recovery from the injury.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 09:15:17 am »
Very well done @breakingfree  and cold turkey working well for you as you had planned. I met up with my brother and his wife last week, we meet every 3 months at Dobbies garden centre, and he said then he would give no smoking a go as it was working for me. He has smoked 52 years with no breaks, well last week he was 2 months into his quit cold turkey, he was calm all day and didn't seem to miss his hourly smoke, and said he was saving £101 a week, never say never. My other brother was also there but he gave up up 30 years ago but it was nice to see all 3 of us not smoking.002
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Sally, breakingfree

Nicky40

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 08:40:32 am »
Well done @breakingfree you are doing so well and sound very comfortable in your quit now.  Enjoy the new room  :)  I will be moving into month five next Sunday after I have 16 weeks under my belt.  :)
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

The following users thanked this post: breakingfree

breakingfree

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 08:50:16 am »
I'll put the kettle on for you or open a bottle of nice wine.
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40