Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: I think i should have moved rooms.  (Read 806 times)

LAST CHANCE SALOON

I think i should have moved rooms.
« on: April 02, 2018, 11:57:31 am »
Reading Enough42s post I think I should be in room 5, if she's just come out. Its 138 days, my app says £1470 saved and 4100 cancer sticks not smoked. Why we have managed it this time must be down to this forum. Its great not even thinking about smoking and the benefits are endless but i'm over the moon that my leg now works perfectly, the only reason I gave up. One foot at at time for me.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

tea

• Administrator
Re: I think i should have moved rooms.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:34:25 pm »
I do like your leg!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:36:32 pm »
Yes, you're right you're midway through your fifth month. Would you like me to put you in your suite?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 12:52:37 pm »
Very nice leg indeed- and congratulations on your room move!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Sally

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 01:19:48 pm »
How did we ever afford to smoke? Great stats and so pleased to read you have a perfectly working leg again.  Almost half way to the Penthouse now and looking forward to welcoming you and Ted in a few months.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 03:51:51 pm »
Yes please @tea ,I get confused, my app says 4 months 2 weeks, but I just follow the girls. Thanks everyone, yep I wish money was a problem, I might have given up earlier  but the leg was the one that did it, it worked so well For so long then 6 months ago it packed up on me. I could not believe I couldn't walk about with friends like I had always done. Anyone out there with a leg that someone has suddenly put it in a vice after just 50 metres walking needs to quit now or read more detail with KITKAT, he's got a dossier on it.:)
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 03:52:40 pm »
Congratulations from me too.  You'll soon be moving on again 007

Glasgowgal

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 10:40:02 pm »
Yep well done @LAST CHANCE SALOON oh crikey ill be moving room soon again too! Time is a flying and as you say not even thinking about smoking anymore. I had a real crappy day recently and never even had a craving. When i realised that i thought wow ive really cracked this. As you always say too, no one smokes anymore. Aint it good being in the pub and not having to pop out all the time. I think the difference this time is the forum and all the info on the forum. Glad we re all still in this together.
Quit Date 6/11/17

Enough42

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 06:07:44 am »
Super duper stuff @LAST CHANCE SALOON. Glad I reminded you that you were due a room upgrade. I tidied up a bit before I left but @Glasgowgal is a bit of a party animal and you’ve got a couple of days with her before she moves out. So glad for you with your leg.  My brother in law has two legs like yours used to be but is refusing to stop. I did try to speak politely to him about it in February when I saw him (and even told him “about you” in fact) but he just changed the subject. So congratulations to you for not sticking your head in the sand and being brave enough to chuck it in with the rest of us.  And you’re right, this forum is literally a life saver!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 10:57:11 am »
Hi @Glasgowgal ,good to see the Novembers are still going strong, Christmas must have made us stronger, just time for a last drink before you move on. 007 Well done @Enough42 for trying to get your B.I.L. to stop smoking but it never seems to work. As for my brother and my friend who have given up it was a case of if he can give up then anyone can give up, so I didn't have to say anything to them so they followed my example. My plan was to stop smoking for a few months then go to the doctors as I knew if I went earlier she would just tell me to stop smoking, but I had no idea the leg would get better on its own. I googled the problem with smokers legs and they were showing amputations, frightened me to death. Every day i'm still amazed how good it is to walk about pain free and no more hassle putting on the TENS machine. The pile of money left in bank account at the end of the month is just a bonus and I love moving it to a higher interest account each month and glad it didn't go up in smoke.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 11:07:15 am »
Firstly well done @LAST CHANCE SALOON on getting to room 5 and secondly I'm so pleased that your leg has improved, that must be such a relief.

In my case the Femoral artery totally collapsed from the groin to the back of the knee. To walk 50 yds was agony and I just had to stop and let the blood flow down to the calf and foot via other vessels.

By walking through the pain, other vessels started to open up to compensate for the Femoral artery, this would not have been possible if I had still been smoking and I would for sure be a cripple.

I can now walk half a mile with no problems at all and a mile with very little discomfort, I may not be doing the London marathon any time soon, but I can live a normal life, well normal for me  ;D

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Nicky40

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 11:20:00 am »
Well done @LAST CHANCE SALOON you are doing so well. It's definately easier to stop when you see a problem caused by smoking.
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 02:56:32 pm »
Glad your a bit more mobile @KitKat ,you seem to be worse than me although ive had no tests like you. Yep 50 yards was when the vice was applied to my calf, so much pain I had to stop. the last time I went through that pain was when I parked no far from Spec savers to get a new screw fitted to specs, took me 3 stops in door ways to get there only to find I had left specs on front seat of car.I was so mad I dragged my leg back to car and smoked 3 fags in 30 minutes. Ive been back since and got there and back pain free and smoke free, happy days.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: KitKat

markmcclean1980

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 08:32:20 am »
Well done on reaching another milestone @LAST CHANCE SALOON .  I would have problems remembering the exact date so I have a recurring event in my calendar which shows as ‘month x’.  It keeps me on the right track. 

Keep at it and we will have a run of penthouse parties through October and November - we will definitely need some new livers ordered lol

Gerti1

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 08:03:21 pm »
Well done LCS and the leg playing up was probably the best thing ever as it has led to you getting rid of a nasty addiction, well done :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018