Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 945 times)

Jdcross77

Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 12:12:02 pm »
Ugh! Last night went to plan, ciggies went in the bin. Now feeling a bit tetchy.

Made a mistake in working from home today as it’s always been easier for me to smoke on these days-and there are also loads of the kids Easter eggs left over that I’m demolishing!

I’m also finding for a “hit” pickled chillis (like the ones in kebab shops), sparkling water and cherry menthol airwaves gum seems to provide a bit of a lift, of sorts.

It’s a sunny day so standing on the back step and taking some deep breaths (as suggested on this site) really helps also.

Basically want to smoke and even the wet brown dog ends in the corner of my garden are giving me the eye. But I will feel great at 9:20 pm this evening when I’ve passed the 24hr mark.

I’m now off to angrily hoover the house! 

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 12:23:17 pm »
I love a pickled jalapeño. I would be very pleased if my house got hoovered today....even if it is angrily.

@Max414 you were a Champix quitter, how did you get through those first few days?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Max414

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 03:16:54 pm »
Well first few days of Champix of course felt fine cos you just carry on smoking but for me, the first few days of no smokes also felt ok cos I was ready to quit after 4 weeks of the pill , feeling that a cig no longer gave
me a hit and actually stopped earlier than I was supposed to. 004
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Glasgowgal

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 12:51:08 pm »
How are you getting on today @Jdcross77 ???  eat anything and everything if it helps you not smoke, i think we all did that a bit  ;)
Quit Date 6/11/17

Jdcross77

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 05:45:30 pm »
I stopped Day nine after taking champix @Max414 Beginning to wish I’d left it a bit longer !!but also pleased I stuck to my quit date. I think but as you say the way champix cuts ou tthe hit of the ciggies there isnt much point

@Glasgowgal Visited the vending machine in the office twice this afternoon-not bad actually. The sun is out and it’s friday evening tempted to have a beer but might send my cravings haywire but other than that actually feel better. My hands don’t smell of fags and whilst feeling weirdly displaced in the world also feel a bit free of smoking already.  :nobeer:

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, Lostie

Max414

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 07:10:35 pm »
You've made a great start James  008
Quitting is very much like building a wall between you and smoking,between you and the Demon. The first few weeks are hard,damned hard,as you lay down days of quit-layers of bricks. But as your wall gets higher,so it starts to block out the Nicdemon and much as he tries,he begins to lose you  :nobeer:
But those first few weeks are vital-hard work but vital,as you lay the foundations for your forever quit  ;D
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: Jdcross77

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 07:34:50 pm »
Well done! Keep going!! Minute by minute becomes hour by hour and day by day, then week by week, month by month until it is all in the past.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Jdcross77

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 10:13:32 am »
Hope your Friday evening went well @Jdcross77 and that the weekend is relatively crave-free. As @tea says, don't think too much about the long-term. Look after the seconds and minutes and you'll soon be looking back at the weeks and months. Well done you!!  :) :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Gerti1

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 02:06:52 pm »
Welcome @Jdcross77 and congratulations on making your mind up once and for all. Just take it hour by hour and before you know it you will be notching up the weeks. Drink plenty of water and keep as busy as possible, it is so do-able if we try hard enough :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018