Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Cold Turkey was they only way for me  (Read 1172 times)

Jenny

Cold Turkey was they only way for me
« on: March 17, 2018, 11:47:48 pm »
I thank goodness that I gave up cold turkey

There is no better feeling than being quit

I really didn't think there would ever be a time when I would be an ex or non smoker as I had tried soooooo many times before

I have now given up for over 4 years

It is wonderful and it can happen to you if you go for it. I needed the support from here. It isn't easy and for me it took exactly one year to know I was quit but it is the best thing I have done

If you really want to do it this forum really can make the difference if you have tried and failed lots of times before

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, Max414, Nicky40

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Cold Turkey was they only way for me
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 05:20:10 am »
I have so much respect for anyone who quits Cold Turkey ;D I used Champix to help me quit, not that there is anything wrong with that

I will change my wording and say I have respect for ANYONE who quits. Sometimes it can be a hard journey, but well worth the effort.

The following users thanked this post: KitKat

Max414

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 10:31:42 am »
Great post Jenny  :nobeer:
I wonder sometimes if we all truly realise, the gravity of our achievement here  :hug:
Not every smoker manages to quit-some go on and on,and die of natural causes with little ill effect from smoking but they are few; those that I pity terribly are the ones who cannot quit and even as they sit at home ,unable to breath ,they still smoke  :-\  such is the POWER of this addiction.

On this snowy day,we ought to all take a bow and be justifiably proud of ourselves and to those like E42,and GG and Nicky and Mark and all the others, who are climbing that steep and difficult hill, we must roar out words of encouragement!!! 'Cos the great news guys is that after a while,the curse is broken and you never even think of smoking,no matter how hard a crisis might befall you-and that,is a miracle  :foundbeer:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Sally

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 11:20:30 am »
I too admire anybody who gives up cold turkey, I'd never have done it without some help.  Interestingly with me, it's not stressful times which make me think of smoking, it's those rare summer evenings when there's not much else to do than sit in the garden with a glass of wine, that's the odd occasion when I get the thought (not a crave) that a cigarette would be nice.  Then I remember all the good stuff about not smoking and the thought soon goes away. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, Lostie

TG

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 11:04:05 pm »
Nice post Jenny! I have to say that one I can't believe that I have nearly been quit for 4 years. But two, life goes on. I honestly don't care about smoking anymore. There is no situation were I would go back to it anymore because it don't interest me. I can see the illusion, the addiction in it entiretity. It really does happen  006
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

The following users thanked this post: Max414

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:15:27 am »
Hi @Jenny Well done on 4 years and thank you for coming back to post as encouragement for others. I'm hoping to get to four years and beyond this time.  008
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 09:29:38 am »
  I'm hoping to get to four years and beyond this time008

You will @Nicky40 ---------just believe

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40