Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Ahhhh, travel  (Read 669 times)

Helene

Ahhhh, travel
« on: March 17, 2018, 10:40:34 pm »
How to keep the motivation varies from one person to another, but for me MONEY

Oh yes beautiful MONEY SAVED so I could travel more.  GO To the carebean, in Cuba.

Then the familly in Paris and Amsterdam...those are far from Montreal Canada.  Wow.

So DREAM in COLOR and make it happen!

Helene

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, Max414, Sally

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Ahhhh, travel
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 05:16:33 am »
You forgot to say you popped over to London and met some other quitters ;D

I hadn't had a holiday since 1985 (any kind of holiday). Once I quit, I had enough money to take a short cruise in March 2016, then a long weekend party cruise in December, then another short cruise in December 2017 and I've booked again for December 2018. Before then I have a short bus trip in April 006

Could never have done any of that if I still smoked. 006

The following users thanked this post: Max414, Helene, Sally

Sally

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 09:06:27 am »
I've not been travelling, but since I quit I've had my kitchen and bathroom completely re-done, also re-decorated my lounge and bought new furniture and although my garden is tiny had that re-done too.  So the money is great but I love the freedom of not smoking - the not having to stress about have I got enough cigarettes, when can I fit in a cigarette break, where will I be able to smoke, etc etc.  Also it's been great meeting some of you too.

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

The following users thanked this post: Max414, Helene, Lostie

Max414

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 10:42:19 am »
Quitting opens so many doors,that before were closed  :-*
How much easier is international travel- no more looking for the smoking area,no more stinking of smoke as you wait in the queue to security,no wondering where to put your lighter and tobacco-pocket or hand luggage or case? Thinking to yourself,how long is the flight,how good will a cig taste at the other end...
Money- I have just paid out 19,800 pounds to buy a brand new car.That is cash that has largely accumulated over 5 years,simply by NOT poisoning myself!
Time -20 fags a day,5 mins per fag equals 100 minutes that is over an hour and a half,wasted,smoking.I have given myself an extra 100 minutes a day to do whatever I like with-another free gift  8)
Health  - I used to wake up and try to take a really deep breath,and find that it hurt at the very full end,it didn't feel right -Now,my lungs are super flexible again and don't creak or crack,I have infinitely more capacity at the gym.The bags under my eyes have gone and my skin is pink and soft.My blood pressure is back where it should be-only bad thing is that i am overweight still; there is no doubt that fags acted as a weight loss aid,and that worries me, as younger people see that too.

And the list goes on-so Helene,many many congrats on expanding your horizons!!!
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: Helene, Sally

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 08:14:17 pm »
Oh yes the money, it wasn't on my wish list but its is now, over £1500 not spent on smoking. It keeps building up in bank as its winter and not doing much, although we have had an early all inclusive break for a week, bought a brand new mobility scooter for wife, all cash. Loads more energy and loads less stress and motivated 2 more people to give up through watching me ( THE NO HOPE SMOKER WHO COULD NEVER GIVE UP). Now looking forward to even better health by Christmas and getting some weight off, and all in 4 months, happy days, all down to you lot, thanks.007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Helene, Lostie, Sally

Helene

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:34:23 am »
Ah yes lostie, meeting some of you when I popped in London last summer.  My that was fun and awesome.  Who could have guest 4 years ago!

And also in Italie!( rome, pompei, Florence)

The big question is where will I go this summer?  Somewhere in Europe. So lovely.

The following users thanked this post: Max414, Sally