Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: In my 4th month, there is a difference but still having issues  (Read 1163 times)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: In my 4th month, there is a difference but still having issues
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 12:26:58 pm »
Exactly what @tea said, dear @Millie . It WILL pass and you'll be SO glad you held firm. As for Mr Millie, I rather expect he's secretly struggling with you having succeeded where he has (so far) failed and whilst he may not consciously be trying to sabotage your quit he may be feeling a little threatened by it.

Be very, very proud of yourself.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 01:31:21 pm »
@Millie please don't have a smoke. You are too far into your quit to go back to the start.   4 months in fantastic.

We all know that just having one doesn't work. You'll be back to smoking full time within a couple of weeks (or days) :D

Ignore your OH, he just wants you to go back to smoking with him. If you start smoking again, he can feel better himself and say 'see it didn't work, I don't need to try to quit'  He probably isn't even aware of what he is doing.

You stay strong girl. You are going to beat this and move on your way to the Penthouse 006

Gerti1

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 06:58:08 pm »
For me the most frightening part of my smoking years was the 'snap, crackle pop sound when I laid down in bed at night and I think I am right in saying that you also had this, mine has thankfully gone and I believe yours stopped too ? We are doing so well Millie, the phlegm will eventually follow and will disappear but you need to give it more time. It sounds to me that you have started debating with Nic as it is him that is saying smoking just 1 blah blah blah, so you need to tell him to sod off and remind him how well you have done for the last 4 months and that you will never ever smoke again, he will then quieten down and you will be a happy bunny. Happy Easter
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 10:49:11 pm »
Well done on reaching four months.

Don't let that Nicotine monster try and convince you to start again because of these annoying symptoms. Your body is trying to rid itself of the monster and with patience it will go. You are amazing, your body is doing an amazing repair job but it might take a while. See the GP to see if they can offer any advice or help but I think within the next couple of weeks you will see a marked improvement and that fresh oxygen smell will be like nectar to your lungs.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Glasgowgal

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2018, 03:59:25 pm »
How are you getting on @Millie ?
Quit Date 6/11/17

breakingfree

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 09:22:19 pm »
Funny but recently I am getting more "I want a cigarette" moments than I had a few weeks ago  - as well as getting blocked nose and being convinced my heart wasn't right!!!!Probably more to do with being cheesed off with the never ending winter and my own injured ankle. - just paranoia -- I kept reading what tea said and went out and bought some fisherman#s friends - think I could become addicted --they certainly keep the monsters away 010 002
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support