Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Snow boarding into month 3  (Read 1444 times)

Gerti1

Snow boarding into month 3
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:51:38 pm »
2 months ago I made a commitment to myself that I would dedicate all my powers into stopping the weed and that for the whole of 2018 I would march on, be kind to myself and come what may I would not smoke, ever. So happy to be here with you all. Had a look back at last years post in this room and I can see I am in a much better place this time for various reasons so I am quietly confident I will never smoke again. A few weeks back I felt like all my motivation and enthusiasm had vanished but I just kept going and I am happy to say I am now feeling more balanced. I am still on 14mg patches but I started cutting down the hours I use them and I think I am down to 8 hours a day now so little by little I am getting there. A big pat on the back for me and my quitting buddy @Nicky40 as we are side by side on this journey :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, Nicky40

tea

• Administrator
Re: Snow boarding into month 3
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 08:17:02 pm »
Ah 3 days ago I could've lent you the ski jump nature left in my doorway....but seasons change and the world is a brighter place.  :foundbeer:

So dancing men brought to your suite

kk     kk     kk
I've already dropped off a range of other supplies but I have added in a box of After Eights and some veggie Colin cherry and cola sweets.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Nicky40

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 08:24:30 pm »
Well done @Gerti1 I'm so pleased you feel in a better place, it's great to hear. Reading old posts does help doesn't it, I had to rejoin an old site to look at mine. I really feel that we have both got this now.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 09:28:45 pm »
Very well done @Gerti1 ,you have also been through the mill over many years of quits, you have a good buddy in @Nicky40 who has done the same, old hands on here really and still Fighting but got a winning streak in you this time. I don't know what's changed this time but we're all meeting up this Christmas as quit for goods, maybe we don't want to let any one on here down, as we let ourselves down many times, maybe that's what's changed.007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

breakingfree

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 10:04:58 pm »
make that room nice...looking forward to joining you soon
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

Gerti1

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 07:42:38 am »
Thank you, a super group with super people  :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 10:43:12 am »
If anyone is super it's you dear @Gerti1  :hug: :hug:

Love reading your posts and am so much enjoying cheering you along on the road to freedom.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: 007
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Glasgowgal

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 12:38:37 pm »
well done @Gerti1 and wow down to just 8 hours on the patches, check you  :)  Good to see you sounding so positive.  I think safe to say time starts flying from now on

Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: Gerti1

Gerti1

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 08:46:23 pm »
Soon be leaving this room and stepping it up a gear. I am still on the patches which I am slowly tapering off but it may probably take me another 3 months or more to do that as if I am honest I am not ready to be without them at the moment, currently down to about 6 hours a day wearing a patch. I have other quitters around me that have caved in a few weeks after coming off their patches stating that they no longer felt like themselves anymore and there is no talking them out of it which I find sad but having been in their shoes many times I have just basically kept my gob shut but what I want to say is that I think we have to be realistic and no we probably wont feel like ourselves as its a total life changing and will probably not feel 'NORMAL' for many many months but slowly and surely we will.
For the 1st time ever I have finished the allen carr book, finished the neil casey book and am now reading the Kristina irving book and must say this 3rd one is hitting the mark with me, the other 2 are also very good books.
I have put on some wobbly bum weight, not sure how much but its very evident lol, I am not too fussed as still squeezing into my jeans for the moment and am so enjoying lashings of fabulous food.
I am knitting and embroidering daily and also been doing quit a few shifts in the lovely little charity shop, it all feels good.
I am extremely proud of myself as any craves are told to buggar off as I am never going back. :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: tea, Skiddaw, Nicky40

Enough42

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 06:27:04 am »
Such an incredibly positive and admirable post @Gerti1. You will not fail like those other quitters.  I can see that you have the staying power and determination.  You will gradually get back to feeling “normal”.  That happened quite early for me (after 2 months) probably because I wasn’t on any NRT at all but my first 2months was hellish (ask my husband!). As for the wobbly bum, if you’re still fitting into your jeans it can’t be all that bad.  I have a bad habit of wearing comfy leggings that have far too much stretch in them so monitoring weight can be very difficult. You are feeling good about yourself, as you should be. You deserve it. Well done you!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Gerti1

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 07:35:32 pm »
Thank you @Enough42 :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 09:01:50 am »
Well done @Gerti1 you are doing brilliantly - fab post.  Don't worry about the patches, you will get there eventually but there is no rush - just when you feel ready.  Sorry to hear some of your friends didn't make it but I know those first few weeks are hell and certainly I fell off the wagon early days repeatedly.  Don't worry about the wobbly bits either, can be sorted later, I have changed into a size bigger (I already had 3 sizes of clothes due to previous losses/gains and refuse to throw them out as I always need them again - unfortunately)  007

I agree we don't feel 'normal' for a long time, which makes sense as most of smoked for a large part of our lives.  One day it will feel normal to not smoke and I'm looking forward to it.  I only crave when I'm drinking with smokers now so I just avoid them if I'm out (sorry to my smoker friends for now)
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

breakingfree

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 01:09:38 pm »
Gerti i wonder what would  feeling like yourself feel like?  I have failed on previous quits so maybe your friends or colleagues just haven't go t their heads around it yet.  In my case, if I have smoked for the best part of 50 years - what is myself?  I feel like a different person and yes it is a strange feeling.  There are times when I long to grab a nicotine lozenge ( well really when I long to grab a fag!!) but I know for me, I must keep off nicotine in every form.  If you need the patch - just carry on using it for as long as you need it - anything to stop yourself going back to the slavery of Mr Nic., no to mention going back to being a stinky social pariah  002 002  No that's not for us  006
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 01:39:31 pm »
I don't think I will ever be, or feel, normal. It took me a long time to realise that my smoking was about running away and avoiding situations. I still do the running away, but I make the destination the coffee maker or the bathroom at work and at home it's the bathroom.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Gerti1

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 07:29:43 pm »
I certainly do not feel like I 'normally feel' if that makes sense !! but I have periods like today where I feel super impressed with myself, I then have days where I have to really push myself into some sort of motivation to get through the day ahead. I seem a bit slower than I used to be and that would kind of make sense as fags were a stimulant. I downloaded the Headspace app and I listen to it almost every morning for 10-15 mins, I feel it helps :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018