Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Start of month three!  (Read 790 times)

Nicky40

Start of month three!
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:47:12 am »
So I am 59 days today, or two calendar months since the start of my quit journey.  Feeling better all the time, hardly any craves now just the occasional 'I would quite like a cig' but it's not a need and can be ignored.

Still feel like I have a constant cold, the allergy tablets didn't help so I gave up.  I know it will go in the end as it did last time - I just can't remember when, I just had it, then I didn't!

Stats:
586 cigarettes not smoked
£230.00 saved  :o
Physical condition improved 65%

Also, well done to @Gerti1 who is also on 59 days and doing fabulously  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Max414

Re: Start of month three!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:35:55 am »
Well done Nicky  :foundbeer:
This is shaping up to be the big one-the LAST quit  :vader:
Just carry on as you are and whatever you do- NOPE- not one puff,EVER X
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 01:32:01 pm »
YAAAAAY our @Nicky40 !! Well Done That Girl. You're storming this and it's a pleasure to cheer you along.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :hug: :hug: :hug: 007 007 007
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 02:03:55 pm »
Come on you two in Month 3

kk   kk   kk

.....let's upgrade your toilet rolls, bring you some nice biscuits, some decent tea bags and, if you're feeling up to it, access to real scissors.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 02:53:53 pm »
Very well done @Nicky40 , its been a hard long road to get here again with trips along the way, some you couldn't avoid, and fags filled the pot hole. Ive done the 2 years as well and fell down a big one. But your sounding very positive this time, i think because there's a very determined group on here to get to Christmas 2018 smoke free. There's more trips ahead I'm sure ,shxx happens, but we've just got to deal with them without fags. You've got @Gerti1 right along side you staying positive which can only help. Keep plodding on, and keep posting regularly , which is keeping you going, and remember we are the last of the no smokers out there, like black and white TVs as there's hardly any body still smoking these days, better late than never. 007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Titch

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 03:49:09 pm »
remember we are the last of the no smokers out there, like black and white TVs as there's hardly any body still smoking these days, better late than never. 007

I absolutely love love love that analogy of it.  (Ive always said us oldies are classed as analogue whilst youngsters are digital )

Well done @Nicky40  Looks like you have this quit in the bag and look at your amazing stats.  No going back this time.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:50:58 pm by Titch »
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Gerti1

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 07:26:01 pm »
Well done my quitting buddy, you have worked so hard for this and as I have said before, 2018 is going to be our year and the penthouse needs to be prepared for one hell of a party :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Glasgowgal

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 12:42:58 pm »
And wow well done to you too @Nicky40

65% physical improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is nothing short of BRILLIANT! Well done !

Quit Date 6/11/17

Nicky40

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 03:34:59 pm »
So day 60 is not a nice day.  It's one of those days where loads has gone wrong and I have had a pretty major argument with my son  :(   You know, the days where you think a cigarette will make it all better.  I know it won't so I have just had a glass of water of some carrot sticks instead though I'm considering chocolate now.  after work I think I will walk the dog, have dinner then go to bed hoping tomorrow things will be better.
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 04:18:28 pm »
Well done @Nicky40 because you know you're right. A carrot stick is not very comforting so have a hug  :hug:

Glasgowgal

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 04:36:25 pm »
Gidday @Nicky40 geez i know the feeling, ive spent the day talking to Europeans who dont understand me and I dont understand them, talk about hitting my head against a brick wall Ahhhhhh.  Good idea early night. I know its a simple thing but deep breaths really help me when im a bit stressed or anything.  I've got you some chocolate fudge cake

Quit Date 6/11/17

breakingfree

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 08:11:03 pm »
Come on you two in Month 3

kk   kk   kk

.....let's upgrade your toilet rolls, bring you some nice biscuits, some decent tea bags and, if you're feeling up to it, access to real scissors.
What are the scissors for?
I'm not there yet but I am demanding coffee when I get there!!!!
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 09:00:25 pm »
What are the scissors for?
I'm not there yet but I am demanding coffee when I get there!!!!

....well usually people in Month 3 can be trusted with scissors again because you're all calm and settled and on a roll. For the first few weeks I just cut all the packets open for you in the night and dispense things into jars for you, just in case it's been a bad day. There may still be the odd bad day, but you can all cope better the longer you stay chez the Just Quit Hotel and the suites get nicer and better equipped with each move up.

As for the coffee, you can always trust me. I'll leave you a selection of Littles' instant and ground coffees. I wholly recommend the maple walnut by the way.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 01:24:40 pm »
There's a good gym in the Month Three room and some punch bags just in case you need to vent. If things get really bad you can use the scissors to cut out some dancing bears.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...