Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: 49 days/7 weeks/1176 hours  (Read 691 times)

Nicky40

49 days/7 weeks/1176 hours
« on: February 24, 2018, 02:43:53 pm »
Well, 7 weeks so very nearly two months and apart from the annoying nasal drip thing (just feels like a permanent cold) all is good.

I went out last night on pub crawl and drank quite a lot.  I did not want a cigarette, did not want the vape either.  I spoke to a couple of smokers and my god the smell - I stank like that before too! Yuck! (and the broken blackened teeth on one of them was enough on its own to put me off - I read somewhere that by the age of 75 smokers have 15% less teeth left than non smokers!)

I feel I have now turned a corner and am feeling positive about this in a way that I wasn't in the previous 6 weeks.  Now I'm going to treat myself to £10 online bingo  008 :foundbeer: 006
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal, LAST CHANCE SALOON

Glasgowgal

Re: 49 days/7 weeks/1176 hours
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 03:01:39 pm »
Good for you @Nicky40 !!! Hope youre not too hungover today! You and @Gerti1 are both smashing it, its great to see. Good luck in the bingo, im winning the lotto tonight so might be in Barbados tomoro ha! Have a great day, 49 days is amazzzzing  :)
Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 05:37:29 pm »
Well done @Nicky40 ,Well you've been through the mill, been to the penthouse and back. 2 year quit like me then sxxt happens, so we've got to make sure it doesn't happen again. You've done well to get back on the wagon, many would not have bothered, but your still young and have got to  keep it going this time. I drank way more than usual this week on my all inclusive holiday but had no thoughts of smoking, and felt very sorry for the old dears outside coughing their hearts out and struggling to inhale the smoke. My pal, on holiday with us,  decided not to buy more fags last Wednesday and came back from town with a shiny new vape and said he was more than happy with it. My older brother has now said he has finished the 2000 fags he brought back from Grease and is now vaping after talking to me. Two new converts after watching me, how good is that. My circulation is near 100% better and can now walk along with anyone, your reason and mine for giving up. I know we've been there before, so nothing new for us but I feel 2018 is going to be a great summer and a great year for both of us, and the smell of smoke on folk, yuk. On the plus side we won 225 pounds on the hotel bingo and I spent £1.96 on vape juice.007

Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Nicky40

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 06:27:44 pm »
@LAST CHANCE SALOON  thankyou, yes my original reason for quitting was that I wanted to keep my toes, thankfully they did not get back to how they were during my 17 months off the wagon. Nice to see you are encouraging others to quit, they will feel better for it, and pleased that enjoyed your smoke free holiday, I'm going to have one of those in September  :) and well done on your win, nice holiday bonus.  :)

I know now that whatever s@&t life throws at me, smoking won't fix it. Lesson learned.  :ninja:

Thank you @Glasgowgal I feel ok now, just a bit rough this morning, going to have a hair of the dog soon  ;)

And @Gerti1  is doing brilliantly too, its nice to have someone on here with the same quit date as its extra encouragement.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

Gerti1

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 08:13:28 am »
I hope you were lucky on your bingo :)

I served a few customers on Friday and boy did they pong !!! we really didn't realise just how much we stunk, it's awful.

So pleased you are managing to enjoy your nights out without a fag, all the hard work is really paying now. Well done Nicky  :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 09:45:47 pm »
No bingo win this weekend but have a lovely (if busy) weekend with family and friends, they fly by too fast though, can't believe its work again tomorrow  009

The following users thanked this post: Gerti1

Enough42

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 06:36:25 am »
Great stuff @Nicky40.  You are doing brilliantly.  Half way to triple figures!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am