Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: 100 days and enjoying a new life.  (Read 701 times)

LAST CHANCE SALOON

100 days and enjoying a new life.
« on: February 23, 2018, 04:55:05 pm »
;D November 17 bringing up the rear at 100 days, who would have thought we could get this far. Not having any problems with not smoking. Just back from a week in sunny Blackpool and hardly anyone still smoking outside hotel. I was tested by Nic as I stood outside talking,  an old dear lit up and then asked me to hold her cig as she had left her scarf  in the bar. Well its was crackling and sending smoke in my face and it was in my hand, but I said Nope and ignored it. My mate brought extra cigs as he knew I smoked but by the end of the week he had bought an e.cig and was going to get more help next week, hey ive saved another soul by not smoking. Ok I think our next target is 200 days, wont take girls..

Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal

tea

• Administrator
Re: 100 days and enjoying a new life.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 05:38:37 pm »
Blooming well done @LAST CHANCE SALOON, here come your 100 dancers...

kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk kk

Happy Century!! [my thumb has new muscles now]
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON, Millie

markmcclean1980

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 05:50:34 pm »
Well done @LAST CHANCE SALOON on making 100 days.  It’s always nice to see people doing well.  200 days won’t be long in coming round.

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

Gerti1

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 07:27:39 pm »
That's such an achievement LCS and also well done to you for resisting that smelly fag. 100 days is brilliant :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Glasgowgal

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 08:03:18 pm »
Good to see you back @LAST CHANCE SALOON and yasssss you are joining us in the triple figure club. How blooming long away did that seem in the beginning. And how blooming fast has it came to fruition. Whats happening to us?! We are all super stars  ;) any newbies read our stories...not long ago we were exactly where you are...and look at us now. SMASHING IT! Ive pushed the boat out and got us a spread to celebrate

Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON, breakingfree

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 08:59:58 pm »
Thanks @tea ,what a great thumb you've got, and @markmcclean1980 and @Gerti1 ,yes its easy now I don't even remember smoking. And @Glasgowgal , what a spread we have, thanks very much. I do seem to have brought back a sore throat and a cold, so keep your distance.008
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:10:13 pm »
Ive got an annoying tickly throat that just tickles, nothing more nothing less....but i tell you what @LAST CHANCE SALOON  its vodka tonight and vodka sure seems to help it  :) 100+ check us out. TRIPLE DIGITS! 
Quit Date 6/11/17

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 09:32:39 pm »
Well I gave it my best on the all inclusive drinks last night GG, i ditched the beer, and had rum and black and brandy and coke but did no good. So after winning another 80 pound on bingo I went for double baileys on ice, well I wasn't paying for it..I think its just Lemsip for me tonight. The triple digits, that's a great name for a band.:foundbeer:
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Enough42

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 07:31:31 am »
And here I am bringing up the rear in congratulating you @LAST CHANCE SALOON! I was a bit preoccupied with the birthday yesterday to get on the forum.  In any event can I just say:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

It feels so great the the 3 of us who started out in November are still here together pushing each other along.  I’m so proud of all of us, especially you with your LEG. What a fantastic difference you have made to your life.  I was out last night celebrating the birthday but if you and @Glasgowgal are up for it, I wouldn’t mind having a few celebratory drinks tonight in the front room.  I’ll put the wood burner on as I think it’s going to be a chilly one. xx
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Glasgowgal

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 10:16:39 am »
Sounds good @Enough42. Ill make us a nice sausage casserole with buttery mash. A few drinkies and lemsip for @LAST CHANCE SALOON . Everyone is welcome btw  007 im starting to lose track of all the different folk here and where they are at in their quit
Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: Enough42, LAST CHANCE SALOON

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 10:35:52 am »
Thanks @Enough42 ,it wasn't easy in the early days and would have been easier to start up again but glad we didn't. I remember from my last long quit how good it was to not even think about smoking and I'm at that point again. I also remember if there is a crisis how easy it is to start up again so ive got to have a plan for when that might happen, life will never always be blue skys and fluffy white clouds, sxxt happens. Hope you enjoyed your birthday and I'm more than up for drinks tonight and there is still plenty of nibbles left that GG brought last night and a Sausage and mash as well. After that warm hotel ive been in all week , bring plenty of wood, and the Lemsip is working very well, feel much better today. 007
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Enough42

Nicky40

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 02:34:38 pm »
Well done on 100 days (101 now) @LAST CHANCE SALOON  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........