Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 2  (Read 2075 times)

Sashie

• THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE I have to be smoke free
Day 2
« on: February 20, 2018, 09:06:52 pm »
Well I wouldn’t say it is easy but still smoke free just feel a bit agitated today keeping very busy  001

tea

• Administrator
Re: Day 2
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:21:54 pm »
Yay Day 2 down   kk     kk

Hold onto your braces through Day 3 but you can do it!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Sashie

Sashie

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:27 pm »
Yes I’m slightly dreading it but pleased so far that I can actually smell my coconut shampoo during the day which I have never done before yucky fags !!!!

Max414

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:31:19 pm »
Sashie,it may feel like torture but the GOOD that you have done at a microscopic level to your body is HUGE  004
WE have a saying 'Just keep going'  :hug:
Do that,and you're there  :P
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:37:09 pm »
Oooh I do like the smell of coconuts. Have you tried the Philip Kingsley Coconut Breeze elasticiser? I do like that and it makes my hair so so soft.

Sashie

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 09:46:05 pm »
Ooo no I use the Leadville in conditioner by palmers it’s lovely it’s mad hiwnur smell comes back when ur not smoking and ur appetite which is a nightmare  006

Sashie

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 09:49:58 pm »
That’s leave in !!! Hahaha

Sashie

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 09:57:14 pm »
What I want to know is when the day will come that I won’t think about cigs !! It’s a nightmare

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 10:19:17 pm »
That time might be different for everyone. I was really poorly in my first week or so with terrible tonsillitis.....but then after a couple of weeks I had had a day where I came to a point where I hadn't thought about it for hours, which quite tickled me and I was proud. What I did genuinely find interesting after a couple of weeks was going out for the day with a smoking friend and watching her anxiety and desperation and it really cemented it for me that I did not want that to be me.

Sashie

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 10:29:02 pm »
Yeah suppose that must have given u a great sense of achievement I see my friends that don’t smoke anymore who seem so chilled and calm I think u stress  much more when u smoke ! I can’t wait to be one of them

Enough42

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 06:31:10 am »
Hi @Sashie and well done for getting through another tough day. There will be more to come and you will go on the biggest roller coaster ride of your life if you’re anything like me.  In the beginning I too wanted to know when I would stop thinking about fags.  I would have constant “brain battles” (craves) most of the day about whether or not to smoke.  It was tough.  But I hung in there and just did it one minute, one hour and one day at a time.  Then one day it all changed for me and I realised I’d gone a couple of hours without thinking about smoking. The process is gradual but I would say that the shift for me started around the 30 day mark and then by about 50 days I was in a place where I could feel that I was returning to a normal function zone! Hope that helps and gives you a target to work towards.  Targets are great because they let your brain quickly dismiss craves as your brain won’t even entertain the thought of them until you’ve reached your target day......and of course by then you want to just keep going forward. Keep going coconut!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

breakingfree

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 08:07:17 am »
hello @Sashie , welcome.   smell of cocunut shampoo sounds delightful.  Think I must have permanently destroyed my sense of smell, even after a month it hasn't come back.  Out shoppng yesterday , I realised that in a whole day, I only saw one smoker and one vaper.  The poor smoker looked really shifty. So good to be free from the slavery.
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

Nicky40

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 08:16:50 am »
Well done @Sashie those first few days are very difficult but you CAN do it, you will soon be calm and chilled like your friends.  As Tea said it is a lovely surprise when you realise you haven't thought about smoking in a while and it doesn't take very long before that happens. Keep thinking NOPE and try keeping as busy as possible.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 08:56:05 am »
What I want to know is when the day will come that I won’t think about cigs !! It’s a nightmare

:hug: :hug: :hug: @Sashie, I remember wishing I could hibernate like a bear and not wake up until I'd reached that stage. It's horrid isn't it? BUT the day will come, I promise. You'll find that the 'not thinking' periods grow from minutes to hours to days to weeks and it really won't be long until that process starts.

In the meantime, just hold on in there and carry on doing what you're doing. You're a total star.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Gerti1

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 08:22:32 pm »
Well done @Sashie you really have done the hardest part in my opinion and it's great to start smelling nice things again. Remember to treat yourself for all your hard work :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018