Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: fleeced!  (Read 700 times)

Alidye69

fleeced!
« on: February 20, 2018, 10:01:03 am »
Hi

I thought I would share the story of my Boots trip yesterday.

I decided that I needed some sort of tinted moisturiser or BB cream to give me a glow as I was looking very pale so I popped into Boots on my way home from work.  I was looking around and a beautifully made up young lady asked if she could help me and I explained to her that I wanted a tinted moisturiser or such like to give me a healthy glow.  'Come with me' she said, 'I have just the thing that will really suit you'  I should have legged it out of the shop but instead I sat in her chair while she put different products on my face, I must admit the outcome was lovely and she had created the lovely healthy glow I was after.  I asked how much the products cost in total (there were seven) and she said £197!!!!  :o :-\ I nearly fell off my chair!!
I did end up buying three of the products for £70 as I thought sod it I deserve it after the week I have had, I just hope I can create the same effect and not end up looking like Aunt Sally (showing my age there! wonder how many of you will remember her!!)

006 006

Enough42

Re: fleeced!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:06:50 am »
Absolutely you deserve it so only kinda a little bit fleeced.  I remember the first things I wanted to spend my money on were beautiful smelling skin products. Historically I had always shrugged at these because after one puff no one would smell anything but my smoking odour anyway but I now love love love them.  A great way to treat yourself @Alidye69. By the way what is BB cream? I always see creams named like that but have no idea what super amazing delights that are supposed to produce!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: Alidye69

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 10:29:54 am »
Yes, I agree, you deserve it and in future, anything you can afford to buy with what you have saved from not smoking ;D

I always struggled financially when I smoked and when I quit I decided what I saved was for me 006  It's not only saving money from not smoking it's saving money for all the extras you might end up buying when you go for your cigarettes.

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:43:09 am »
You for sure deserve to treat yourself @Alidye69 and in anyway you want, you've saved money by not smoking so go spend it on something that will make you feel good.

You do know that most make up creams contain "Urea" and that you can get for nothing ;D

I get my "glow" from plenty of the red stuff and it makes me feel good  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Nicky40

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 11:09:34 am »
@Alidye69 I remember aunt Sally - I loved worzel on a Saturday afternoon, fond memories.  006

Of course you deserve the treat with your saved money, enjoy the new products - I love a bit of luxury make up occasionally.   :)

Do you have an app running on your phone/tablet?  They are a great tool for actually seeing what is saved in money and time as well as the health benefits.  :)
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 01:49:19 pm »
@Alidye69 I remember aunt Sally - I loved worzel on a Saturday afternoon, fond memories.  006

Me too.  :)

You treat yourself @Alidye69 because you really do deserve it. Go on, go on, go on, go on.... :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Gerti1

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 06:51:30 pm »
I feel it is very important to treat yourself along the way so a big well done from me. I also remember Aunt Sally :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 08:12:23 pm »
Oh crumbs @Alidye69 my mum looks like Aunt Sally when she puts make up on. She has a thing for blue eyeshadow like Pat Butcher.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Max414

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 09:33:50 pm »
Bit of a crush on Dolly Clothespeg, me as a youngster  :-*
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

breakingfree

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 08:11:52 am »
loved your story @Alidye69 . I had thought of treating myself in a similar way but my problem is I keep treating myself over and over so I'm going to end up worse off than when I smoked 006
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 08:53:22 am »
Oh crumbs @Alidye69 my mum looks like Aunt Sally when she puts make up on. She has a thing for blue eyeshadow like Pat Butcher.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I had a client like that. She also wore very obviously false eyelashes and a badly-fitting wig that had a tendency to gradually slide southwards until it rested on her eyebrows.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...