Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day one  (Read 1867 times)

Sashie

• THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE I have to be smoke free
Day one
« on: February 18, 2018, 06:37:04 pm »
Day one for me I have to do this all I think about is stopping smoking but continue to do it !!
Smoked since I was 16 and now 47

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: Day one
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 06:44:03 pm »
A Big Fat Welcome to the forum from me @Sashie and a HUGE well done for taking that first step!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

At the moment I'm sure it seems impossible that you could ever be looking back from Month One or Day One Hundred or One Year or any of the other milestones, but I promise it'll come. All you need to do is to hold on in there, take care of the minutes and the hours and days will take care of themselves. You've come to the right place- this lovely community will give you all the advice and support you could possibly wish for, through good times and bad, and someone is always around if you need to shout, scream, cry, curse or whatever else feels appropriate at the time.  :hug: :hug:

Are you using any nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) or are you one of those incredibly brave cold-turkey quitters?
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Sashie

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:45:36 pm »
PS: I quit at 49 having smoked since I was 17 so we're not so very different.... :)

Sashie

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 06:58:13 pm »
Awww thanks yes I am using patches and vape even though it tastes like air freshener

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 07:10:45 pm »
I always say take it minute by minute or hour by hour through until you're day by day, week by week and then the months and years take care of themselves. Do feel free to post as much as you like and if you do have a tough time just shout. There is usually at least one person on hand to give some words of advice or distract you.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 07:12:36 pm »
 LOL re air-freshener!  ;D

I used patches too along with lozenges. They were a total godsend- I know I would never have made it through those first few weeks without some help.

Are you keeping yourself busy?

Sashie

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 07:25:09 pm »
Yes today I went for a walk for a hour and read asone if my book also washing ect I think work is going to be the hardest as stressful but I will stay strong ! The trouble is I say I’m giving up all the things me at work but go back to it so no sympathy for me

markmcclean1980

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 07:37:21 pm »
Well done @Sashie on deciding to quit.  I used the vape to stop.  I will echo what has already been said, take it minute by minute and post whenever you feel the need. 

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 07:44:14 pm »
Ah Welcome, that's my name @Sashie , yes my last chance and with this forum its working. You sound old enough and wise enough to know that its time to give up before your body gives up on you. I'm well aware of the damage I may have done but at least I'm giving it a chance to recover. Yes the early days are slow going when your counting minutes but then move to counting weeks and it goes much faster, and then you forget to count and it goes like lightening. Keep reading the posts on here ,it helps, these folk have gone through it as well. Ive been reading Helens posts today back to 2015.I used patches until I had to ditch them so changed to 1mg lozenges and have a 6 mg vape. I will use anything this time as I will never buy fags again, wait till you see how bad smokers smell, unless this isn't your first quit. Keep posting, you will see a lot of new comers haven't , and my guess is they are still smoking. Without this forum you will be on your own, much as I was standing outside pubs and clubs, and many of us on here agree without this forum we would be smoking again. The NRT is good but still requires some will power from you, at least for the first month anyway. Not smoking is so much easier and rewarding. Why did we ever start.:)
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal, Sashie

Sashie

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 07:52:13 pm »
I know why did we ever start I look at ppl that don’t smoke and think how are they not smoking if they can do I so can I !! My mum passed away in sept and I promised her I would stop but still continued to do it !! There is no going back for me it’s so annoying I know I can do this

Sally

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 07:53:22 pm »
Welcome to Just Quit @Sashie.  Well done on deciding to quit, have a good look round there are some great posts, games in case you need distracting and lots of friendly and supportive people here to help you along the way.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Sashie

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 07:59:24 pm »
Thank you it’s great to know you have support your all great

Glasgowgal

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 08:06:13 pm »
Yep a big fat welcome from me too @Sashie day 1 and you are sounding strong, great start!! You sound like your mind is made up this time. I take it youve tried quitting before? This is my seventh quit i think (lost count) but all my previous quits never lasted longer than 22 days. But this time i got off to a good confident start, like you sound, and here i am day 105 and still going strong. You can do this!!!  ;)
Quit Date 6/11/17

Sashie

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 08:14:55 pm »
Well done you sound determined this time

Sashie

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 08:24:00 pm »
Sorry don’t know what happened to the rest of my message ?!!