Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: coffee and cake please, I'm moving in  (Read 476 times)

breakingfree

coffee and cake please, I'm moving in
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:12:56 am »
Moving into new room.  I think @Nicky40  and @Gerti1 maybe around.  Hope so. Looking forward to a warm welcome in the new room.  Really exciting to be starting month 2.  Really ca't remember how many quits I've had n the past but this is first time I've really understood the strength of addiction so NOPE
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

tea

• Administrator
Re: coffee and cake please, I'm moving in
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 10:39:51 am »
Welcome to the Month 2 suite.......where I have added a selection of Littles coffees. @Skiddaw will be able to tell you about the cake selections. Plus I have upgraded your toilet roll.

Actually, in real life once I wasn't spending the money on the smoking stuff I really did upgrade my coffee. I used to buy Milicano or Lavazza when it was on an offer at around £2 and have to watch how much I spent but didn't like 'cheap' coffee. Now I can afford to order the Littles ones online I'm a box of 6 or pop into Whittards for the nice ground coffees.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: breakingfree

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 11:47:25 am »
Well done @breakingfree ,moving rooms and moving in the right direction, you have two very positive buddies ahead of you as have I, who will drag you along and the first time we have tried a forum which seems to be working very well for us. Time will start to accelerate now were not counting seconds, only 310 sleeps till Christmas.010
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 01:28:22 pm »
Oooh that's fantastic @breakingfree !!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

There's some chocolate brownies still warm from the oven heading your way.... :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Helene

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 01:55:55 pm »
Wow, that is great!  Can you see my grin? 
Congrats!

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 02:21:49 pm »
Hi @Helene ,we haven't met so ive spend an hour going back to 2015 to the start of your journey, and what a journey it has been, happy and sad and everything in between, my life seems quite dull, but you have come through it and the second half of your life appears to be quite different from your past life, you've had to change and evolve. I'm coming up to 100 days and was quite worried learning you wobbled at 106 days. Its great you keep posting after such a long quit, I hope I can do the same. I stayed in Canada not long back through work in a town called Granby, seemed to be between  Montreal and Quebec. Got there December the 5th,nice and sunny ,then woke on the 6th to a foot of snow. I managed to drive to Quebec on the first weekend and the company took me to an ice hockey game in Montreal, in the Bell I think. Thanks for letting me in to your world, its been an interesting hour.:)
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Nicky40

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 02:48:12 pm »
Well done and welcome to the new room @breakingfree you doing so well  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........