Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: I finaly made it back...minus 25pounds yeeeee  (Read 1080 times)

Helene

I finaly made it back...minus 25pounds yeeeee
« on: February 17, 2018, 01:21:42 pm »
Hi everyone ,

A lot bas Been happening since my last visit...well a lot has been happening to my Life since jan 17 th 2014.  I am still celebrating That i stopped smoking

Quitting the smoke, than menaupause, than leaving my OH, made me gain 25 pounds.  I always told myself to be kind to myself and that I would loose it.  When I stopped smoking, talking to people who stopped, i figured it would take about 2 years for my body to heal before I could loose it.  In the meanwhile, i was trying damage control.  ( hey i smoked for 35 years)

I September this fall, I said to myself: it’s now, I can do it.

I hired a personal trainor, twice a week. She gave me a new program of eating in relation to me and the food I eat.  I am not hungry.

Wow, 25 pounds lighter and firmer, I have to say I am happy.  My objective is 15 more, my gift to myself to feel totally sexy.

Yeeéeeee,

Helene

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, Gerti1, Glasgowgal

Sally

Re: I finaly made it back...minus 25pounds yeeeee
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 03:06:12 pm »
You are a superstar @Helene.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

The following users thanked this post: Helene

Max414

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 03:12:57 pm »
Wow I bet you look sensational!!!!  :foundbeer: :hug:
Just goes to show Helene what we can do when we put our minds to it!!! XX
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 03:17:32 pm »
Whit woo!! :-*
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 04:07:27 pm »
Good girl, so proud of you 007

Glasgowgal

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 04:55:17 pm »
Thats brilliant @Helene !!! And just what i needed to hear today having braved the scales this week for the first time in months eeeek!

What sort of work outs have you been doing with the PT? And i must ask, is the pt of the young handsome fit sort   :P ? And see having done it would you say losing the weight is mostly about your diet or was exercise a big part of it?

Sorry for all the questions  ::) its just amazing what you have achieved....i know there are a few of us here that would LOVE to lose 25 pounds. Well done you!!!!
Quit Date 6/11/17

Helene

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 05:43:00 am »
Hi,
Mostly for the weight, it was food. I learned a lot regarding carbs and not to eat it at night.  It took me two week of finding this hard because I love pasta, rice and bread.

I learned how to read the labels regarding fat, carbs and protein .

Even before September, I ate a lot of veggies especially in salad, the difference now is that my dressing is olive oil, balsamic vinagar , salt and pepper.  As an extra, it reminds me of my trip to italie last summer.

For lunch , I make my own soup and usually eat tuna or low fat cheese or almond.

Snacks , I always have cut veggies with hummus that I make myself.  I can also have almonds.

Instead of having peanut butter, I now buy crunchy almond  butter:yum.  And have to be honest and said goodby to Nutella.

At supper I do eat meat: chicken, seafood, beef, pork, eggs.  I especially love schrimps  and white chicken.

There are a lot of different way to cook with veggies and meat that is low in fat and carbs.  Of course you do have the good fat like in the avocado .

I don’t eat yogourt anymore , instead I make a shake with Greek yogourt, 0% fat and almond milk and than add a frozen banana and I put in blender.  Yummy.  Greek yogourt is high in protein and low cal with 0%fat.  I drink this on the go in my car to work.  Very filling.

As for exercice it is to strengthen my upper and lower body.  Since I have big boobs, I told her I wanted to strengthen that area so they go less south.  Hey, when you are DD and loose a D  another problem happens.

Squat, lifting weigh, running, all sort of exercice and never the same routine because I told her it’s boring when always the same. 

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 01:26:10 pm »
Just love to hear how you've totally reinvented yourself dear @Helene:foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

I bet if anyone had told you all that time ago that you'd be where you are now you'd never have believed them. What a total star you are.  ;D ;D 008 008 007 007 :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Helene

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 01:53:31 pm »
Thanks Ski,

I remember when you told us that you lost I think it was 30 pounds or so.  I figure I could do it.

I see all the climbing/ walking that you do and want to be able to do a lot.  Walking in cities is not the same as in woods, mountains.  I want to go up the hill ...like a ski slope and not have my legs scream for mercy.

I also put on my bucket list, run for 5k. I was thinking of Titch/car. Who inspired me when she did it with her kids.  That may be my biggest challenge.

Today, I am looking at trips in Central Europe...can you see the stars in my eyes?  When I was smoking, that was an impossible dream.  Too expensive.

For those who don’t know me, I live near Montreal in Canada.  The country is young and for us little pieces of stone home who are 375 years is kept and visited outside with the story.  Now that I have been in Europe, I can laught about our little bits and pieces that looks like a bomb destroyed it and we keep it for history.

I did my bucket list and it’s growing for things to réinvente myself and do the dreams.

Helene xoxoxox

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

Nicky40

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 02:55:00 pm »
Well done on the weight loss @Helene (and the continued long quit), you must be so pleased and feeling great  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........