Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: 135 days  (Read 801 times)

bubbielau

135 days
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:48:47 pm »
Hi,

I feel like I have't been on here for ages (probably cause i haven't), and had to spend a full 5 mins working out which room i should post in (hopefully i got it right).

I'm still smoke free, although how is a little beyond me.  I've quite honestly had one thing after another for as long as i can remember.... I have a hole in my roof my landlord is dragging their heels about fixing (8 months and counting), so it rains in my aring cupboard, My father in law has taken a turn for the worse and is super needy which is driving me and my husband mad as there is nothing we can do to improve it, I am being outsourced by my company, so on top of the fact I'm already skint I've now got to go 7 weeks on 1 months pay...

I'm not smoking because:
a) I really can't afford it
b) I promised myself I would never smoke 2 days in a row again and on my current luck I will probably need it more tomorrow than i do today.

I am strangley proud of myself, together with feeling a bit stupid for not doing it before, and really wanting to smoke. Today I'm working from home, but i've really wanted to smoke all day.   009
Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hi and see how everyone else is getting on.  Well done everyone!

Laura

tea

• Administrator
Re: 135 days
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:18:49 pm »
You've managed it because.....

.....and we are all here when you do need us.

It sounds so frustrating.....the raining cupboard and all. All that's going on where you feel that you have no control must be so upsetting, but your control of the psychological manipulation of the remnants of that addiction is a rather nifty one.

By the way, I feel you on the working from home issue. My profession was going into outsourcing and spot contracts or being tied in with bad conditions; I went the locum route which I don't regret, but I find working from home for too long really isn't good for my work-life balance. I got a bit feral during one contract. Used to have lovely conversations with my stationary and almost forgot to have a conversation with other people in my profession. I'm normal now honest  :nobeer:
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Glasgowgal

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:10:24 pm »
Hello @bubbielau 135 is some achievement! I canny believe youre still struggling. You sound like you feel like youre depriving yourself by not smoking. And omg that sounds torture and if you have endured that for 135 days! It does sound a nightmare.

See what i did early days and still do is read about all the damage smoking does to you. If you really educate yourself and take it in. Its not just empty words...smoking will kill you! And also learn about how your body does reverse the damage you have done. I found that really helpful for making me never want to have a fag again.

I suppose my a) reason for quitting was health reasons. And your a) reason is money. I think thats the difference between you and me but its obviously a really big difference. And hence we are having very different quits.

Maybe someone can come along that quit for money reasons and offer some advice.

See if youre always wanting a fag....could you use some nrt? I believe a lozenge will kill any craving! I found them brilliant. And the patches are brill just kinda for preventing cravings in the first place. If you are in uk you can get free nrt from the nhs so wont cost you anything, just an idea.

Quit Date 6/11/17

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 12:51:53 pm »
Just wanted to send some  :hug: :hug: :hug: your way dear @bubbielau along with HUGE congratulations on how far you've come! You've done so very well to stick with it despite all the things life has thrown your way.

Here's to the Spring bringing you some much-needed respite. I'm sending virtual daffs your way...  :) 007 :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Sally

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 03:12:40 pm »
Well done @bubbielau, it's a real achievement getting to 135 days especially when you've got lots of stuff going on which you can do without.  You're right to feel proud of yourself and do keep going, it really will get easier.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Max414

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 03:15:19 pm »
Congrats Laura, that is a brilliant achievement  :ninja:

Remember,to be a non smoker is a natural state of affairs-to be a smoker,that is "unnatural" and therefore ,to not smoke,is how it should be and that is why the days and weeks go by with less and less effort in not having to think about quitting .
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)