Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Tough day  (Read 1510 times)

Alidye69

Tough day
« on: February 14, 2018, 03:31:22 pm »
Hi everyone,
I have been doing really well with my quit but today is proving to be very difficult for some reason!  All my usual distraction techniques are not working.
I thought sod it I am going to buy some cigs, I got in my car drove to Asda went inside brought some sweets then sat in my car eating them and crying a little bit!  :'( :'( then drove home!
I don't know why today is so hard, I may have to slap a patch on.
I go to work in a couple of hours so I will just have to grit my teeth and work through it!
Happy Valentines Day  008

Sally

Re: Tough day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 04:01:21 pm »
Sorry to hear today isn't great but be super proud of yourself for buying the sweets and not the ciggies, I'm sure it will only be a blip and your quit will be going from strength to strength again soon.  If it makes you feel any better similar thing happened to me about three months in, I didn't do quite as well as you though I opted for the nicotine replacement lozenges rather than the real thing.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

The following users thanked this post: Alidye69

Nicky40

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 04:16:27 pm »
Well done for not buying cigs @Alidye69 as that's what I kept doing when I tried over and over to quit.  Just thought sod it, why bother, why should I deprive myself and be miserable etc.  Took me many false starts so again, well done.  Everyone has those days but they get less and less.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Titch

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 04:54:51 pm »
Its so annoying when a tough day suddenly hits you but they will get fewer and farer between and each one you get through is one less that you have to go through on the road to freedom.

What sweets did you buy?  Pear drops would be my choice
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Max414

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 05:39:12 pm »
Massive win there,not buying cigs.Don't underestimate that kind of resolve,it makes for a lifetime quit. Sweeties! Midget gems,has to be
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 05:42:06 pm »
Always remember that I will always love you no matter what.

But well done for sticking to your guns on a tough day. I hope they were blooming nice sweets. Now, instead of a packet of horrible cancer sticks I do like those Jelly Belly gourmet jelly beans, except for the root beer ones. I like playing 'guess the flavour'!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Gerti1

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 07:09:39 pm »
Well done for not giving in. I expect you will feel so proud of yourself tomorrow. Happy Valentines :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 10:33:37 pm »
I'm giving a rose to lady posters today, so

@Gerti1

@Alidye69

@Titch

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:44:07 pm by LAST CHANCE SALOON »
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Alidye69

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 11:37:15 pm »
Aww thanks everyone  ;D
I have got through the day but have a banging headache!
Sweets seem to be my lifeline at the moment, I bought mixed toffee and fudge today so I could eat them quicker.
In my car I have mint humbugs and toffees, at work in various drawers I have, cough candy, pear drops and rhubarb and custards.
I also have an app on my phone which tells me that I have not had a cigarette for 1 month, 6 days, I have not smoked a whooping 602 cigarettes and I have saved £221.37.  Amazing, where the hell did I find nearly £200 a month? unbelievable really!
thank you for your support today  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Max414, Nicky40

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 01:15:22 am »
Hi @Alidye69 ,you seem to have past me by as ive only just seen your posts so have gone back to 2017 to see were it all went wrong. Well your certainly doing better this time and yes I had the headaches and everything else. For the second time the patches let me down after nearly 4 weeks, very bad reaction to them so folk on here told me to try something else and got some lozenges which worked  a treat. Ive tried for 36 years to kick this and took every nrt they would give me because this was the most important quit yet as my leg was packing up and suddenly found I couldn't walk 50 yards for the first time in my life. Well its 91 days today and as they say it just gets easier, but there's hard days and plenty of will power needed to get there and nobody can do it for you. Yes the smell of smoke on people is vile, as you say, we smelt like that not long back , if nothing else I couldn't go back to that. Around £1800 still in the bank and my energy level is 100% up, no matter what the app says, and I can walk again. I also told no one as I didn't expect to last 4 days but a few close friends have twigged ive packed up. We came out of the pub after a meal last week and one of the wives was giving me a hug and whispered "you smell great", which made me think how bad I smelt before but nobody had ever said anything, I always thought the lynx spray would cover anything. Post every day if you can, it does help, and before you know it you will be on 91 days and wonder what all the fuss was about, and wont have to reset your counter again. Whoops ive done an essay again. :)
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 06:27:50 am »

In my car I have mint humbugs and toffees, at work in various drawers I have, cough candy, pear drops and rhubarb and custards.

I wish I sat by you at work.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Glasgowgal

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 06:49:10 am »
Well done getting through your tough day @Alidye69 really big yourself up for getting through it as its getting past those days that give you strength and confidence. So WELL BLOODY DONE!!!!!! AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!! and great you came here too. Note to everyone if your having a tough day or wobble come here and post!!!
Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: Max414, Alidye69

Enough42

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 06:56:00 am »
Well done @Alidye69 for beating that tough day.  I bet you wake up this morning feeling really proud of yourself for getting through it and with your resolve strengthened. And as you say, look at all of those cigs not smoked and money not wasted on them - how amazing is that?!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 01:06:51 pm »
You're a total star @Alidye69 and deserve a huge pat on the back.  007 007 007

Hope today is an easier one for you... :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 05:22:31 am »
Nice to see you posting @Alidye69 and very well done for getting past a major hurdle, it takes a lot of determination to do what you have just done, so very well done to you. 008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it