Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Almost six weeks  (Read 1273 times)

Nicky40

Almost six weeks
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:58:59 am »
So today I am on 5 weeks and 4 days smoke free.  I have had no craves in almost two weeks, sometimes I think about cigarettes but not because I want one, more that I would normally have one at certain times but it doesn't bother me.

We are away this weekend and the car journey will be around four hours, we will stop on the way but only for a bathroom break for me  :).  My Mum will have a smoke but that's fine and won't bother me.  I'm not going to nag her as I know she isn't ready to stop yet.

My phone app stats are:

386 cigarettes avoided
£151.50 saved
Time won back = 1 day, 14 hours
Physical condition improved 42% 

Well done to everyone else too  :ninja:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Glasgowgal

Re: Almost six weeks
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:40:37 am »
Almost six weeks eh time is a whizzing. Will your mum be smoking in the car? I remember once my bro made some comment about me smoking whilst driving and it being horrible. Which feels a bit cringey now! But not anymore eh!

Btw i read a great post recently about this woman who stopped smoking for her kids, i think her wee lassie kept telling her she stinks!  But along the way she realised and felt all the benefits etc etc and it very much turned into her quit for her own reasons and she reached the penthouse!  I know you lot are pretty (putting it mildly) closed minded about the subject but that woman is testament that you can quit for someone else and suceed. I loved how she said it turned into her quit for her own reasons, it really inspired me and was just a nice story. And im pleased to report my hubby has quit too and we had our first smoke free weekend no problemo  ;)

Where are yous off to this weekend??? Everyone seems to be going on trips wish it was me. Happy valentines everyone

Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, breakingfree

Nicky40

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 10:19:13 am »
@Glasgowgal God no she won't be smoking in the car.  I stopped smoking in my own car well over 20 years ago and my home over 10 years ago, nothing worse than a car stinking of fags.

Sorry to disagree with you over packing up for yourself :) It is rare that people quit, and stay quit for others - with the exception of a new baby.  People nagged me (friends who had quit, colleagues though never my non smoking husband) and it made me smoke more if anything.  One particular person with her exaggerated hand waving and coughing never failed to make me light up  :D

We are off to Southport for a 60s music festival  :foundbeer:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:35 pm »
Have a totally splendid time @Nicky40 and congratulations!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

Glasgowgal

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:45:29 pm »
Ive only heard great things about southport, you will have a blast im sure!!!! Have fun, i hope youve taken your dancing shoes

:foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
kk kk kk kk
Quit Date 6/11/17

Titch

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 02:01:01 pm »
Hae a lovely weekend away Nicky - just keep remembering NOPE
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 02:38:15 pm »
Southport is great with sand as far as the eye can see, but wrong time of year, but the 60s is even better and smoke free. You would just get  ash in your eyes with the wind on the coast. I'm painting and got local radio on and after half an hour the racket was doing my head in so changed to Gold, lovely, I must be getting old, no it was proper music. Have a Rocking good weekend.004

Every lady gets a rose today.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Sally

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 03:16:22 pm »
Well done @Nicky40 and hope you have a great weekend!
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Gerti1

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 07:17:30 pm »
You doing so well @Nicky40 and not forgetting this is a CT quit which means you are like Queen Boudicca. You rock my friend and I hope you all have a fab weekend with lots of lovely food. :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 08:49:16 am »
@Gerti1 Thankyou, I only opted for CT because I knew I wold just replace one addiction with another and would find it very hard to come off NRT (also my last quit was CT so I know that although it's hard at first it's ok)

I am so looking forward to the fish and chips (also the music and a few drinks)  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

The following users thanked this post: Gerti1

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 11:33:20 am »
Well done @Nicky40  you have really taken this quit to heart and are doing so well.

Enjoy the Fish and chips and a  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Nicky40

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 11:26:50 am »
Day 44 today so tomorrow will be 1.5 months!  I'm so pleased and shocked still that I am actually getting there this time.  :foundbeer: :ninja: 006

Had a fab weekend in Southport.  Music and company was great and the fish and chips were lovely (as was everything else I ate - seemed to have gained 3 1bs since last Thurs!)

437 cigarettes avoided and £171.55 saved to date  :) :) :)

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 01:11:35 pm »
Well done indeed our @Nicky40 !!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: ;D ;D ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Titch

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 01:47:25 pm »
Very well done Nicky and what brilliant stats.  If and only if you were to have a wobble those stats of yours are more than enough to keep you on the non smoking path. 
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Gerti1

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 03:19:11 pm »
Glad you had a good weekend and wow don't those figures stack up quickly :D
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018