Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Hello Week 3  (Read 735 times)

Weebeastie

Hello Week 3
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:40:48 pm »
In one hour I'll have completed 22 days......so wooohooooo to me :) :)
Been feeling very strange because i seem to have forgotten about smoking most of the time and had very few craving this past few days.
I did have a small glass of wine last weekend (or whenever it was) and didn't have a craving to smoke but it did trigger a crazy eating spree for a couple of days (lots of carbs which i try and avoid) and a raging thirst (again, the carbs).  Back on track with my eating now and even going a wee bit caffeine-free as I drink waaaay too much tea.  Fortunately, I love Tick Tock teas which are naturally caffeine free (none of that decaffeinating using nasty chemicals melarky).

So, little else to report.  Feeling very proud of myself and looking forward to this years Swimathon for Marie Curie - my first as a non-smoker! 

School holidays this week so no chance to kick off my running yet.....the weather has been dreadful here too so i may give it a few more weeks before thundering up the hills!  I did order my custom OS map with my house bang in the middle....I plan to walk every pathway on the entire map and visit everything of interest as i go.....should only take a few years!

Hope everyone is well xxx

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, Glasgowgal

tea

• Administrator
Re: Hello Week 3
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:54:47 pm »
Congratulations on your 3 weeks smoke free

kk     kk     kk
 008 Don't worry about the caffeine, I'll drink your share  008
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Weebeastie

Max414

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:06:21 pm »
Looking good,Beastweewee  :nobeer:

Quitting is a case of letting smoking fall off you,like a slimy suit of scales you just have to let it fall away and fall away it will
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Sally

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:12:19 pm »
Congratulations @Weebeastie, 22 days is a great achievement. 

Giving up smoking, well I got there eventually, but caffeine-free, just couldn't cope with that!

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Glasgowgal

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:39:45 pm »
Sounding like a smooth and steady quit you are on and all your good habits are inspiring us also  ;) please keep checking in with us and keep us posted  007
Quit Date 6/11/17

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 08:43:13 am »
Over three weeks @Weebeastie well done.  Do you have an app which tells you money/time saved and health benefits? They are quite good.

I was discussing craves with a friend who has quit (a few days ahead of me) and he agrees they almost disappear fairly quickly then when you get one occasionally you are surprised because you had forgotten!

I had to reduce caffeine intake massively on my last quit as my sleeping problems were worse and I found out that nicotine cancels out the effects of caffeine so I was wide awake without the cigs.  Never did get back on to much coffee though so I still only have one in the morning and one at lunchtime.  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:11:09 am »
Very well done @Weebeastie  ,you look like your going to get the quit you have been looking for at last. All the failed ones we have had and then suddenly we find it. I'm busy painting which usually involves more smoke breaks than painting but I'm doing 6 hours straight and not a thought of a smoke and my energy level is amazing and getting a lot done, you will feel the benefit as well for your hill walking, cant believe how good I feel after such a short time. You will diff. be at the party this Christmas.007

EVERY LADY GETS  A ROSE TODAY.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:31:21 am by LAST CHANCE SALOON »
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 01:34:57 pm »
Fantastic @Weebeastie !!!  ;D 008 007 :foundbeer:

I shall look forward to your OS adventures. I love doing things like that.  ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Enough42

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 02:20:06 pm »
@Weebeastie you go girl! Although you are making me feel quite sinful with your no alcohol and healthy eating routine. Especially because (as you say) it is half term week this week and we are away so I’m completely indulging and not running!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am