Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Nasal drip  (Read 2724 times)

Nicky40

Re: Nasal drip
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 08:27:05 am »
@Gerti1 it's apparently part of the healing process from smoking but some get it worse than others, I think it's just excessive mucus (clear though - I never seem to cough up nasty tar).  Took allergy tablets yesterday and again today so I will stick with it and hope it clears.  006
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Gerti1

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 08:36:18 am »
I also have had a cracked mouth for 2 weeks, so so sore
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 08:58:14 am »
Oh no @Gerti1 hope it gets better soon. It's all worth it anyway so we can be fitter, healthy and non stinky  006

I have badly cracked lips but that is due to excess alcohol/dehydration at the weekend  ;D This week I'm drinking loads of water and using loads of lip balm.
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Gerti1

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 03:59:09 pm »
I am using lots of Vaseline which makes me look super shiny, I think mine is from this cold weather. I also have the throat clearing thing again today so I must have this nasal drip although I must say It doesn't really irritate me too much. :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 04:20:43 pm »
@Gerti1 the cold weather doesn't help with cracked lips - I always get quite sore hands in the winter too - never used to it maybe it's age related?  I just seem to get through endless amounts of lip balm and hand cream.

Glad you aren't finding it too annoying - I just have a habit of focusing too much on things, especially health related.  I'm not always at the doctors or anything (about once every 3 years) but I am a worrier lol.  006

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 05:46:06 pm »
Me too. I blame the menopause. Chapped fingers and lips. Never happened when I was younger. Get through gallons of hand cream and lip balm.  :P
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

Gerti1

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 07:01:22 pm »
I am a worrier too @Nicky40 and have got into the habit of over thinking things but my perimeno years made the matter much worse. My friends and I have noticed that none of us seem to cope very well with any illness ect since we all hit our 50's, its weird. My cracked mouth thing is terribly sore and gp has given me a steroid cream which I may use if it doesn't clear up soon, I don't like anything with steroids in which is another one of my worries, I have many !!!
I use tons of hand creams and I think this winter has been especially tough on my skin, I never used to suffer at all when I was younger and I never worried about a thing :)

I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 07:15:53 pm »
Increased anxiety here too. And more obsessive than I ever used to be.   :-[

Do any of you get the itchy skin thing?

Gerti1

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 07:26:21 pm »
I have started getting itchy legs just above my ankles, I've also had a crawly sensation on my fingers about a year ago which was horrible as I was getting paranoid that my animals had mites but joined a meno forum and others had experienced it. Also had grit sensation in eyes at the same time but all that has gone now. Anxiety has possibly been the worst symptom for me and its played a part in my previous fails at quitting.
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 08:13:40 am »
This menopause is awful isn't it.  I was diagnosed perimeno when I was 33!  By 41 I thought it was improving but then had polyps which had to be removed, slight improvements on the night sweats and flushes since then but I do feel really achey sometimes and old lol

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 11:40:51 am »
You'd think, wouldn't you, that someone would have come up with something (other than HRT and natural remedies, which did bugger all for me) to deal with some of the menopause side-effects by now. Do you know that it isn't even certain what causes hot flushes? I can't help thinking that if men had to go through it there'd have been a cure developed decades ago.  :P

Nicky40

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 12:02:14 pm »
You would have though so @Skiddaw wouldn't you (and yes I agree for men it would have been decades ago ;D)  I never tried HRT, much to my doctors disgust, she said had she seen me earlier she would have sat on me until I agreed to take it!  Apparently smoking can make flushes worse and I am suffering less with them now so possibly true.  :)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 05:09:40 pm »
I was on a low dose of HRT for approximately 18 months, which dampened down the flushes but made little difference to anything else. I came off it after that because there's a family history of ovarian cancer and I didn't want to tempt fate. Flushes returned immediately but I've kind of got used to it now.  ::)

Gerti1

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 08:12:47 pm »
Couldn't take HRT due to family history of beast cancer but didn't want it anyway. These hormonal years are what got me into walking a few times a week and eating a little better. Been in perimeno for about 7 years now at almost 54 and no sign of menopause yet. I read that all the emotional upheavals happen in Peri and then once full Menopause is reached it all becomes more physical. If I'm honest I would say I have been having flushes for 7 years, some are mild and I find myself taking off my cardi then putting it back on, then off again so nothing major, then I have had them where I feel as if I am going to combust and they feel akin to a panic attack. I have also had some real stinkers or hormonal migraine that has disabled me. Not fun being a woman.
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018