Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Anyone around?  (Read 1206 times)

breakingfree

Anyone around?
« on: February 06, 2018, 12:00:00 pm »
Still finding  my way around...I am just about still in week three and wondered if anyone else is here? I have quit several times n the past but always relapsed. Used patches, gum and zyban.....This time nothing for me...I think for me it was a question of really understanding how the addiction works.  Really hasn't been too bad so far.  Of course, I get hortible cravings but the don't last long and are less frequent already.  Occasionally have a fuzzy head too...
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

Titch

Re: Anyone around?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 12:12:23 pm »
well done on getting to week 3.  Embrace the muzzy head. Its a sign that the oxygen is reaching parts that it never reached before
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

The following users thanked this post: breakingfree

Glasgowgal

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:38:45 pm »
@Nicky40 and @Gerti1 are just a wee bit ahead of you around day 31 i think.

@Weebeastie must be nearish you also and i think she is cold turkey too.

Im day 93. this is my longest ever quit by a mile. Yes i like to understand how the addiction works but also reading about all the damage smoking does and the recovery process when you quit.  That just keeps reaffirming the quit for me. There are loads of brilliant, informative posts here.  I read a lot by @TG over the weekend and they were right up my street, I cant remember what section they were in, maybe tips?  But worth a read for sure  ;)

@TG i was reading them at stupid o clock over weekend and I wasnt logged in so i couldnt thank you for them so heres a big thanks from me  :hug:

Quit Date 6/11/17

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:39:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum @breakingfree and HUGE congratulations on your three week quit!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Nearly at the Magic Month point. For me, that's when I really started to believe I could do it and I hope it will be the same for you. I SO admire anyone who can quit cold turkey as you have done.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Gerti1

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 01:29:34 pm »
Well done @breakingfree and doing it CT alongside @Nicky40 who is also CT you are both fabulous.
I  am a total anorak with tring to learn how addiction works and read anything and everything I can get my hands on as it really does help me. This is a fab group with lots of helpful people who are always ready with advice should you need it. Welcome aboard
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 01:40:51 pm »
I'll pop back in later to see how you've settled in.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Nicky40

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 02:09:51 pm »
Hello @breakingfree well done on day almost three weeks that's fab, I am on indeed day 31 with @Gerti1 as @Glasgowgal said above, and I am also CT (I do have a vape but using 0% nicotine and only if I'm drinking - I neither want nor need it at any other time.  Maybe the Allen Carr book will help you look at smoking differently, it didn't help me but I have heard many others saying it's a great help.  Unfortunately I have an addictive nature generally anyway so have to be cautious in all areas!

No fuzzy head for me but feeling very 'can't be bothered' with anything this week.  Well done on ignoring the short craves, before you know it you have a lengthy quit under your belt.  :)
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Weebeastie

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 04:22:03 pm »
Hey @breakingfree , i'm on day 15 (my phone app says I've not smoked 221 fags....yay!). Cold turkey here too. Feeling good but always aware that huge cravings can come from nowhere so keeping my guard up!
Well done on getting to the end of week 3, should get a bit easier from now.  Agree about reading Allen Carrs book about stopping smoking as it makes you realise that you're not missing anything by not smoking......if i hadn't read his book i would struggle to get past 3 days of quitting!

Big welcome to the forums  :hug: :hug: :hug:

markmcclean1980

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 04:56:18 pm »
Well done @breakingfree on reaching week 3.  For most people that is the hardest part and you are already through the worst.  I think that this is your time and you will make it.  Keep going, ask for help if you need it, read old posts as they are full of useful advice and knowledge, but the most important thing is to remember that we are a family, working towards a common goal.  You are now part of that family so you can expect plenty of love, support, a little bit of nagging (not to mention the saucy stuff from KK @KitKat)
Keep us up to date with how you are doing and we will help you whenever you need it.

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, breakingfree

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 05:54:53 pm »
@markmcclean1980 is right....... You join in with whatever you like @breakingfree, I did a lot of cold turkey (I was more of a cool hummingbird) and had some tiny lozenges for back up for a little bit, but like you say I found it more about the behaviour change and change of routine rather than needing something with the chemical in. In fact those Fisherman's Friends did better than the lozenges for distraction as did the link game and the cryptic songs game.

Enough42

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 06:17:45 pm »
Hellooooo @breakingfree and welcome to the forum.  Great to have you on here.  You’ve done absolutely brilliantly getting to nearly the end of week 3 in one piece.  I seriously don’t think I would have made it that far without the forum. Great that you’ve got a couple ahead of you in @Gerti1 and @Nicky40 and our very own @Weebeastie giving you a kick up from the rear! Rome around, dabble in things, post whenever you like.  I actually regret not having posted more because I really enjoy looking back at my journey.  2 more sleeps and I will be in triple figures - eek!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, breakingfree

breakingfree

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 06:48:31 pm »
link game? crytic songs game?  Tell me more. all distractions welcome
Quit date 18 Jan 2018.
Cold turkey and Allen Carr's book and forum support

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 06:56:32 pm »
@breakingfree well done on three weeks. I, too, did cold turkey and to be honest I think week three was one of the worst for me but I am still here two years later so it can be done.

Brilliant to shout out for a response, but also read some of the older posts in the three week and month section as they will show you that you are not alone.

The game section kept my mind busy and just knowing folk were here to help celebrate every minute you quit and to bolster you.

Just keep going; just keep going - cos you are worth it.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 07:27:37 pm »
The Link Game is pretty epic

http://justquit.co.uk/index.php/topic,31.7125.html

There are quite a few games in the Games section. @Max414 can explain the Daily Quizzes.

TG

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 09:44:32 pm »
@Nicky40 and @Gerti1 are just a wee bit ahead of you around day 31 i think.

@Weebeastie must be nearish you also and i think she is cold turkey too.

Im day 93. this is my longest ever quit by a mile. Yes i like to understand how the addiction works but also reading about all the damage smoking does and the recovery process when you quit.  That just keeps reaffirming the quit for me. There are loads of brilliant, informative posts here.  I read a lot by @TG over the weekend and they were right up my street, I cant remember what section they were in, maybe tips?  But worth a read for sure  ;)

@TG i was reading them at stupid o clock over weekend and I wasnt logged in so i couldnt thank you for them so heres a big thanks from me  :hug:

Hi @Glasgowgal I'm glad you enjoyed reading them. I use to write at lot when I was go through this process. I like you found that by writing and researching  and learning as much as I could really helped me to get through, and the help of these guys as well. If you like reading stuff this link will put you through to one of my posts that will take you to other sites which have some great reading material. If you haven't  read them .

http://justquit.co.uk/index.php/topic,829.0.html

You are so close to triple figures now which is brilliant and no easy feat you are certainly showing people it can be done  :hug: :hug:

@breakingfree welcome to the forum. Stick to this place like glue to begin with. This forum and the support here is the best quit smoking aid you can find  006
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.